Senior UI Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
GridMaven is a wholly owned subsidiary of SK Telecom, Korea’s largest wireless operator, serving 25 million customers with $14B in revenue. GridMaven’s mission is to provide innovative solutions for the IoT/M2M/Smart Grid. Our products bridge operational silos and make massive data actionable with fresh applications born from the industry-leading R&D and expertise of SK Telecom
Position has responsibility for designing and developing UI solutions for SmartGrid/M2M/IoT network and events management platform. In addition, the position will mentor and guide other team members towards building robust software. This position will play a critical role in building the Web and Mobile based UI platform that is reliable, available and scalable to meet the growing business needs of our customers
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to apply core UI web and mobile design patterns.
- Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign product UI.
- Provides design and coding direction to less experienced staff and develops highly complex original code.
- Conducts design and code reviews to ensure adhere to design, oversees preparation of test data, testing and debugging of applications.
- Support operations engineering staff with troubleshooting
- Design and develop solutions in collaboration with onsite/offshore Engineering and Product Management.
- Responsible for producing high quality deliverable in timely fashion
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 7+ years of software development experience
- Solid understanding and a number of years experience in developing interactive applications using Adobe Flex is a must
- Experience in jScript, HTML5, jQuery strong plus.
- Extensive experience developing rich real-time web applications.
- Experience in developing technology used in a hosted/web-services/SaaS/ or Cloud environments.
- Experience with Java server side technologies desired (Weblogic, Tomcat…)
- Hands-on experience with source control/release management systems such as CVS or Subversion
- Experience with Java and working with Java engineers is a big plus
- Experience with Oracle or any other database
- Understanding of good design principles and ability to adhere to complex design specifications during implementation
- Strong understanding of Agile software development and Test driven development
- Mobile device development is strong plus
- Ability to quickly learn and develop expertise in highly complex existing applications and architectures
- Good English communication and analytical skills
- Must be authorized to work in United States on a full-time basis for any employer