- Sunnyvale, CA
GridMaven is a wholly owned subsidiary of SK Telecom, Korea’s largest wireless operator, serving 25 million customers with $14B in revenue. GridMaven’s mission is to provide innovative solutions for the IoT/M2M/Smart Grid. Our products bridge operational silos and make massive data actionable with fresh applications born from the industry-leading R&D and expertise of SK Telecom
Position has responsibility for designing and managing the database for SmartGrid/M2M/IoT network and events management platform. In addition, the position will mentor and guide other team members towards building robust software. This position will play a critical role in building the platform that is reliable, available and scalable to meet the growing business needs of our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes their deep knowledge of Oracle databases, OLAP and Big Data best practices to innovate and influence product performance and scalability approaches.
- Acts as a lead in providing database design guidance, utilizing a thorough understanding of Oracle technologies, tools and designs.
- Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex Gridmaven network platform.
- Provides design and coding direction to less experienced staff and develops highly complex original code.
- Support operations engineering staff with troubleshooting
- Work with developers and engineers to tune SQL code.
- Support all activities related to designing, creating and maintaining data warehouses
- Drive improvements to our product development methodologies in order to increase efficiency.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 7+ years of software development experience
- Strong experience in Oracle(11g/12c) and OLAP. Hadoop Big Data experience is a strong plus.
- Strong knowledge of PL/SQL and OLAP cube required.
- Experienced in JDBC and data layer interface with Java middle tier. Weblogic experience is a plus
- Experience in SQL optimization for high volume and real-time data streams
- Knowledge of shell scripting, Perl a plus
- Working knowledge of networking, systems and storage as it relates to databases
- Experience with source control systems, defect tracking systems, unit test frameworks, and similar tools
- Experience in understanding various non-functional aspects of database applications.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Ability to quickly learn and develop expertise in highly complex existing applications and architectures
- Good English communication and analytical skills
- Must be authorized to work in United States on a full-time basis for any employer.