- Ottawa, Canada
GridPoint is an established leader in smart energy solutions, providing Fortune 1000 enterprises, government agencies and utilities with the tools to implement and maintain sustainable energy management practices that improve operational efficiency and maximize energy savings. Founded in 2003, GridPoint is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, with offices in Austin, Texas, Roanoke, Virginia, Seattle, Washington, and Ottawa, Ontario.
The QA Manager will work closely with the development team to define and implement a strategy to help raise the quality bar. The candidate for this position will need to possess strong leadership, solid software testing skills, strong communication skills and experience managing quality in an agile environment.
Work with peers in Development, Program Management and other stakeholders to plan & prioritize the test strategy to ensure timely delivery of high quality products.
Design & develop test plans and test cases to ensure and gauge product quality, while effectively minimizing manual testing and leading to more effective code coverage.
Perform Debugging and Root Cause Analysis of product failures.
Design & Develop test automation & tools & procedures for your feature areas.
Identify and adopt new testing methodologies, best practices, and tools from appropriate sources, to improve test coverage.
Research new tools and technologies and recommend ways to implement them into new test strategies.
Participate in bug triage
The QA Manager will lead and coordinate off shore teams as well as facilitate processes and meetings.
BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
5+ years of experience in software design & development or testing, including 2+ years in a management capacity.
Strong in debugging, troubleshooting and problem solving.
Analytical problem solving and passion for quality and excellent testing aptitude
Demonstrated experience testing Web UIs and web services, including soak testing, stress testing.
Passion for engineering excellence through automation and process improvements.
- Proficient managing quality in an Agile environment.
- 1-3 years of Offshore Management experience
- 2-3 years of managing the automation process
- Experience leading small QA teams and working in start-up environments preferred
- Familiar with Unix and Windows Server lines of operating systems.
- Familiar with RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server), No SQL experience a plus (Cassandra, DynamoDB, BigTable).
- Proficient with browser debug tools and API testing. (Firebug, Chrome Developer Tools, cURL)
- Familiar with software version control tools. (Subversion, GIT, Mercurial, P4)
- Experience with open source browser UI and API test automation tools. (JUnit, Watir, Selenium, SOAPUI, Cucumber, QuickTest Pro)
GridPoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.