Technical Energy Product Specialist
- Arlington, VA
GridPoint is an established leader in smart energy solutions, providing Fortune 1000 enterprises, government agencies and utilities with the tools to implement and maintain sustainable energy management practices that improve operational efficiency and maximize energy savings. Founded in 2003, GridPoint is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, with offices in Austin, Texas, Roanoke, Virginia, Seattle, Washington, and Ottawa, Ontario.
GridPoint, a global leader in smart energy solutions, is looking for an experienced resource for both technical writing and business analyst skills in support the evolution of its industry-leading commercial energy management system (EMS). The ideal candidate will have a deep background in business requirements development and a technical writing background, preferably with a EMS building controls or enterprise software experience.
At GridPoint, we collect information about energy usage from hundreds of thousands of devices at our customer’s commercial and retail facilities. Our customers rely on us to use that data to deliver energy-saving controls, provide insight into how their buildings are performing to automatically improve their usage, and to change the way they consume energy. These products include EMS controllers, high-density sub-meters, and HVAC / lighting controls, which are installed and integrated with market-leading building control systems and existing customer assets to deliver energy savings. Together with the GridPoint Energy Manager, the software solution providing visibility, analysis, and control of mission-critical energy information and assets, these products provide disruptive potential to the way enterprises manage energy usage at their facilities and the way utilities manage those loads. The Technical Writer and Business Analyst will have the opportunity to develop requirements across this portfolio of products and fully influence the function of our market-leading products.
• Researching and authoring technical guides and user manuals for end users, partners, and installers
• Participate with Marketing in the development of collateral for GridPoint's Sales organization
• Work with product management, customers, partners, sales and engineering to gather and document business requirements
• Create diagrams, illustrations, and images to support requirements definition
• Manage and coordinate the review process to ensure content accuracy and legal/business/marketing compliance
• Act as bridge between Marketing, Sales, and Engineering
- 3 to 5 years requirements development experience
- 3 to 5 years technical writing experience
- 1 to 3 years of experience in an energy related field preferred
- Excellent writing skills and demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely
- High energy and passion towards solving real-world customer needs related to energy management
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to collaborate across an organization
- An eye for layout and graphic design
- Ability to handle a high degree of ambiguity
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- BS in technical area (EE, ME) preferred
GridPoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Note: no unsolicited 3rd party resumes accepted