Senior Project Manager Licensed Master Electrician
- Austin, TX
GridPoint is an established leader in smart energy solutions, providing Fortune 1000 enterprises, government agencies and utilities with the tools to implement and maintain sustainable energy management practices that improve operational efficiency and maximize energy savings. Founded in 2003, GridPoint is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, with offices in Austin, Texas, Roanoke, Virginia, Seattle, Washington, and Ottawa, Ontario.
GridPoint is seeking a TDLR Licensed Master Electrician for an immediate opportunity in the Austin, TX area. This is a long term, full time position. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and managing the construction of commercial pv systems throughout the United States. Candidate must have strong solar and electrical technical knowledge and excel in personnel and project management.
- Initiate and review work requests, prioritize projects, develop and maintain work schedule, plan, coordinate, delegate and monitor projects.
- Provide technical training, guidance, leadership, coaching, and mentoring. Monitor work practices to ensure safety practices are being utilized. Ensure that department and district policies and regulations are followed.
- Serve as subject matter expert and interface with project coordinators and subcontractors. Perform project site visits and inspections as needed.
- Communicate with all trades and contractors to coordinate engineering, procurement, and construction. Coordinate utility rebates.
- Identify the scope and requirements of anticipated projects, contact and identify suppliers and contractors, conduct pre-bid walk-through and/or conferences. Perform quality control inspections, inspect delivered products and certify completed work.
- Prepare cost estimates and assist in proposal submission and RFP responses.
- Texas Master Electrician License is required
- Strong troubleshooting skills, the ability to work through any problem given the right resources
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Clean driving record
- Proficient computer skills, specifically Excel, Word, and Project
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to enforce OSHA safety requirements
- 8+ years experience in project management
- Available to travel up to 25% of the time
- NABCEP Certification is strongly desired
- PMP Certification is strongly desired
GridPoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Note: no unsolicited 3rd party resumes accepted