Sales / Solutions Engineer
- Minneapolis, MN
GridPoint is an established leader in smart energy solutions, providing Fortune 1000 enterprises, government agencies and utilities with the tools to implement and maintain sustainable energy management practices that improve operational efficiency and maximize energy savings. Founded in 2003, GridPoint is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, with offices in Austin, Texas, Roanoke, Virginia, Seattle, Washington, and Ottawa, Ontario.
This position is the primary technical resource for the field sales force. Sales Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Sales Engineer will serve as the primary point of contact for the technical aspects of GridPoint’s services and is responsible for technical portion of presentations, proposals, customer requirements, and service delivery. The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. The Sales Engineer must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to ensure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle. Sales Engineers will report to the Vice President of Sales Engineering.
- Responsible for delivery of product demonstrations
- Responsible for representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Ability to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Ability to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Ability to travel throughout sales territory.
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products, and to provide sales support.
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess needs, and to determine system requirements.
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
- Plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers.
- Sell products requiring extensive technical expertise and support for installation and use, such as material handling equipment, numerical-control machinery, and computer systems.
- Attend trade shows and seminars to promote products or to learn about industry developments.
- Maintain project plans
- Provide information needed for custom development
- Provide technical and non-technical support and services to clients or other staff members.
- Train team members in the customer applications of technologies.
- 8+ years technical professional experience·
- Prior background working with EMS, BAS or OSS/BSS services·
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in enterprise architecture, system engineering and network administration,
- Experience in software integration with a customer’s enterprise architecture.
- Experience integrating utility remote office and dispatch centers using Internet technology.
- Ability to work Independently and manage priorities through the sales life-cycle
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Highly articulate, demonstrated confidence, “flexible” intellect.
- Bachelors in Engineering or Computer Science. Masters in Business Administration preferred.
- Excited by the pace and ambiguity inherent in a start-up environment. Experience in a startup as well as high growth environment.
- Passion and priority.
- We are building a team of passionate leaders that want to impact the world in a big way with quality products.
- We pride ourselves on prioritizing Gridpoint very high in our daily lives.
- We want to work with people who share our values, beliefs and priorities.
- Willing to travel up 50%.
GridPoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Note: no unsolicited 3rd party resumes accepted