- Arlington, VA
GridPoint is an established leader in smart energy solutions, providing Fortune 1000 enterprises, government agencies and utilities with the tools to implement and maintain sustainable energy management practices that improve operational efficiency and maximize energy savings. Founded in 2003, GridPoint is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, with offices in Roanoke, Virginia, Seattle, Washington.
As part of the testing team, the Test Engineer will work closely with the development team to continue to improve the high level of quality in the GridPoint product suite. The test engineer will need to possess imagination and creativity, along with solid software testing skills, strong communication skills and experience managing quality in an agile environment. The environment includes a broad spectrum of technologies, from hardware/firmware to cloud services.
• Work with peers in Development, Program Management and other stakeholders to plan & prioritize the test strategy to ensure timely delivery of high quality products.
• Design & develop test plans and test cases to ensure and gauge product quality, while effectively minimizing manual testing and leading to more effective code coverage.
• Perform Debugging and Root Cause Analysis of product failures and anomalies
• Design & Develop test automation & tools & procedures for your feature areas. Identify and adopt new testing methodologies, best practices, and tools from appropriate sources, to improve test coverage.
• Research new tools and technologies and recommend ways to implement them into new test strategies.
• Lead and coordinate with off-shore development and test groups
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
• 3-7 years of experience in software design & development or testing;
• Testing aptitude, include debugging, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated experience testing Web UIs and web services, including soak testing, stress testing.
• Passion for engineering excellence through automation and process improvements.
• Proficient managing quality in an Agile environment.
• Experience leading small QA teams and working in start-up environments preferred
• Familiar with RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server); NoSQL experience a plus (Cassandra, DynamoDB, BigTable).
• Proficient with browser debug tools and API testing. (Firebug, Chrome Developer Tools, cURL)
• Experience with browser UI and API test automation tools. (JUnit, Watir, Selenium, SOAPUI, Cucumber, QuickTest Pro)
GridPoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Note: no unsolicited 3rd party resumes accepted