- Houston, TX
Griffin Dewatering’s principal business operation is groundwater control in the construction market, which includes the supply, installation, operation, removal, and abandonment of the dewatering and/or pumping equipment necessary to make construction dewatering easier. These services include dewatering systems — wellpoint, deep well and eductor; subsurface barriers — biopolymer trenches and slurry walls; remediation systems — monitoring wells and vapor extraction; and water pumping.
1. Process payroll for all salary and hourly employees on a weekly basis. Track vacation time for employees. Ensure compliance with withholding and unemployment taxes in various states as necessary. Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
2. Calculate monthly union payments due; update union information in accounting system (deduction/benefit rates), as necessary
3. Administer various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; responsible for development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
4. Participate in developing department goals and objectives.
5. Manage health insurance benefits administration, including reviewing and approving invoices for payment; communicate benefit information to employees.
6. Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings as necessary.
7. Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
8. Maintain Human Resource Information records, and verifies that all paperwork (W-4, I-9, etc) are up to date for all employees. Standardize new hire paperwork for all locations.
10. Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
1. A bachelor's degree and three (3) to five (5) years of Human Resources experience, OR
2. A master' degree in Human Resources Management and two (2) years of experience in the HR field, OR
3. four (4) years of experience in the HR field, OR
4. Any similar combination of education and experience.
5. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification required.
6. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
7. Knowledge of ADP or similar payroll system required.