- Calgary, Canada
Independent Electric & Controls Ltd. (IEC) is an established progressive company that provides a wide variety of services to the oil and gas, and construction industries.
With locations in Athabasca, Barrhead, Bonnyville, Calgary, Drayton Valley, Edmonton, Fort Nelson, Fort St. John, Grande Prairie, Manning, Red Earth Creek and Whitehorse - the opportunities are endless!
Our Construction, Electrical, Instrumentation,and Automation Specialists offer Superb Quality, Great Teamwork and a Fun and Safe Work Environment.
Come and Grow with Us!
We offer competitive wages, benefits, RRSP plan and an excellent opportunity for advancement.
Visit our website at www.iecgroup.ca
- Supervise project foremen;
- Promote a safe and healthy work environment;
- Provide assistance, direction and relief for project foreman;
- Communicate and report to senior management on the status of ongoing projects;
- Work with respective branch manager and company project manager to be aware of existing branch construction capabilities with regards to both people and equipment, and to assist with development of same;
- Work with management, HSE Department and frontline workers to maintain a safe workplace as well as assistance with jobsite inspections and orientations;
- Work with project foreman and estimating department in identifying extra work and scope changes and assist in the capturing and charging out of those costs;
- Oversee and participate in project paperwork and reporting of:
- RFI/RFC, submissions and logs;
- Worksite safety inspections, Hazard ID’s, PJHA’s, ERP’s, etc.;
- Provide assistance to the estimating department, purchasing department and sales department;
- Liaison with project owners and engineers;
- Build an efficient construction team, consisting of existing employees and developing a resource of construction oriented workers;
- Participate in post-job cost analysis;
- Develop work procedures, practices and policies to create more efficiencies which will provide opportunity;
- Participate in job progress reports and billings;
- Be willing to participate in running of smaller jobs when conditions exist, and until such a time that the construction division is fully developed;
- Be current on electrical code and associated regulations and ensure compliance within our company;
- Act as a liaison with inspection agencies, and ensure permits are obtained as required and deficiencies completed;
- Ensure project completion; paperwork, builds, and documents are handed to owner or their representative in a timely and accurate manner.
- Red Seal Journeyman Electrician with 2-3 years’ experience;
- H2S, 1st Aid, WHMIS, TDG;
- Up-to-date knowledge of electrical code and regulations;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to build and lead an efficient construction team consisting of existing employees and developing a resource of construction oriented workers;
- Must possess leadership and strong interpersonal skills with an ability to mentor key relationships on projects and safety;
- Class 5 driver's license with clean driver's abstract;
- Ability to travel on a regular basis.
If interested in applying please provide the following,
- Updated Resume c/w references (please submit in “Word” format)
- Copy of the following safety tickets (H2S, First Aid, Whims and TDG)