HSE Field Coordinator (Maternity Leave Position)
- Drayton Valley, Canada
Independent Electric & Controls Ltd. (IEC) is an established progressive company that provides a wide variety of services to the oil and gas, and construction industries.
With locations in Athabasca, Barrhead, Bonnyville, Calgary, Drayton Valley, Edmonton, Fort Nelson, Fort St. John, Grande Prairie, Manning, Red Earth Creek and Whitehorse - the opportunities are endless!
Our Electrical, Instrumentation,and Automation Specialists offer Superb Quality, Great Teamwork and a Fun and Safe Work Environment.
Come and Grow with Us!
We offer competitive wages, benefits, RRSP plan and an excellent opportunity for advancement.
Visit our website at www.iecgroup.ca
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide direct HSE support to all members of the HSE department, as directed.
- Worksite Safety Inspections – Field WSI are the primary focus of the HSE Field Coordinator and proactive, behavior based safety inspections are to be completed on a regular basis; timing dependent upon the worksite. Will work with HSE Manager and Branch Management to direct frequency. Shift NCSO will be at a minimum of daily.
- Mentor workers and supervisors in effective pre job hazard assessments during inspections.
- Provide reports on each site visit (branch or field) along with positive corrective actions which will be mentored by HSE Manager.
- Aid in safety compliance inspections including hazard analysis, safe work procedures, written reports and recommendations.
- Work with qualified, competent trades people in development of new and or changed requirements.
- Aid in monitoring adherence to company safety program by employees, subcontractors through cooperation with supervisors, branch and senior managers,
- Orientation – Ensure all workers have appropriate company and site specific training.
- Safety Meetings & Communications – Prepare & distribute agendas & take attendance and minutes that accurately show two way communications and clear actions and timelines for outstanding business.
- Present a positive, professional and safety conscious image of the company to all.
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.
- Knowledgeable user of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook).
- Excellent time management & organization skills – must have ability to meet time specific schedules and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – written and verbal.
- Belief in HSE philosophy – current or potential growth.
- NCSO certification, or relevant experience and or training within the health, safety, environment field.
- 3-5 years' experience in a safety related role preferred.
- Strong knowledge of HSE procedures and practices.
- Keen attention to details.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Belief in HSE philosophy.
- Training – Maintain sufficient certifications to ensure compliance with IEC standards as well as every field site visited.
- Continuing education is endorsed and encouraged for professional development.
- Costs must be discussed with HSE Manager prior to attendance.
- Resourceful and flexible.
If interested in applying please provide the following,
- Updated Resume c/w references
- Indicate Reference #HSECOR0313