Helpdesk Analyst (Phone Support - Contract)
- Toronto, Canada
GroupM is WPP's consolidated media investment management operation, serving as the parent company to agencies including Maxus, MEC, MediaCom, Mindshare, Catalyst and Xaxis. Our primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP's media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our stakeholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
The ideal candidate should possess Windows and Mac trouble-shooting experience. The individual is a self-starter with excellent communications skills and the ability to handle several large tasks at once. Under general supervision, provide technical software, hardware and network problem resolution to all computer users by performing question/problem diagnosis. The ideal incumbent will guide users through step-by-step solutions via phone and in person as required.
- Provides exceptional end-user phone support on a variety of issues ranging from software applications to hardware to audio-visual equipment.
- Provides professional and confidential support to all brands within the family of companies in this office.
- Configuration, setup and installation of software applications as set forth by vendor and with direction from the Company’s regional standards
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves level one software, hardware, and network issues
- Identifies, researches, tracks, monitors and resolves technical problems in a timely manner. Update users on progress of issue resolution.
- Ability to assist end users in training of software applications and use of equipment where applicable.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of system diagrams and system and user documentation
- Handle and resolve customer complaints with tactful interpersonal skills
- Process request forms and applications
- Identify and escalate priority issues to management
- Route calls to appropriate resource and complete call entry into call tracking system
- Participates in computer system builds and in various IT software and hardware deployment related projects
- Troubleshot network connectivity issues
- Experience with Active Directory Account and folder security management
- Proficient in Exchange account management
- Experience with configuring and supporting Windows 7 desktops and laptop
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, DHCP, VLANS and DNS
- Maintaining/troubleshooting CISCO telephone systems
- Experience configuring Remote Access/VPN Support such as AnyConnect
- Experience with Commvault backup/restore system
- Configure and troubleshoot Hand Held Devices and Tablets
- Experience with SOX compliance and control and with ticketing systems
- Experience with Anti-virus software, patch deployment and monitoring systems
- Network and local Printer setup/troubleshooting
- College Diploma, and/or relative job experience (1 year of end-user phone support)
- Support with the following systems: Windows 7, OS X Mavericks/Mountain Lion, iOS, Android and BlackBerry
- Ability to work as a team in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in relevant Microsoft office applications and operating systems
- Proficient in Active Directory account management
- Six months or more experience in a call center environment with emphasis on customer service
- Works well as part of a team, and interacts well with respect to individuals at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A high level of self-delegation and the ability to take direction when needed
While every effort will be made to respect the employee’s privacy and personal time, the position may require the candidate to respond to critical situations after normal business hours or during weekends (Saturday or Sunday).
Travel to other locations may be required for off-site presentations, to attend training, and/or assist with the Company’s projects or presentations, new site build outs