- Washington, DC
Gryphn delivers innovative, high quality and scalable solutions to protect your privacy in an increasingly mobile world.
Our current hot product is Armortext, a multi-platform, auditable, encrypted SMS/MMS platform that replaces the native messaging app. We provide both a public and enterprise platform, conforming to industry specific regulatory requirements for security as well as providing a free text encryption service to the public.
Join Gryphn and help us secure the future. We are looking for an exceptional software developer who can help us solve challenging engineering problems of building a highly secured communications infrastructure. This is your chance to redefine mobile communications and show the world that, even though we love posting status updates and telling everyone under the sun what we think, privacy still matters. Work within a small, fast-paced team that has a mix of veteran engineers and recent graduates. Enjoy a collaborative environment working on a variety of tasks ranging from website to mobile app development utilizing the latest cryptographic frameworks.
- Play a key role in product development and feature definition
- Design and implement new features and frameworks
- Participate in product development process
- Create high performance and scalable solutions
- Read and understand application code, identify areas of weakness
- Write excellent code. Fix bugs. Make our products better than they already are.
- Teach. We hire to fill knowledge/skill gaps and you need to be able to pass along that knowledge. Think of it as power-leveling your co-workers.
- Be motivated. You will be working at a startup. You will be challenged to dart throwing contests, Super Mario World, and required to hang out at company parties. You are also required to be a self-starter and hard worker to earn your spot in this fun and scrappy team. Prove it on your resume by showing me what you’ve created in your spare time.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- Excellent knowledge of Java, specifically Android development
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to deliver well-designed high-quality code on time
- Understanding of web security and cryptography concepts
- Basic understanding of relational database structure