Front-End Web Developer
- Pasadena, CA
Founded in 1997, Guidance Software is recognized globally as the world leader in e-discovery and other digital investigations.
Our EnCase® software solutions provide the foundation for corporate government and law enforcement organizations to conduct thorough and effective computer investigations of any kind, including intellectual property theft, incident response, compliance auditing and responding to e-discovery requests-all while maintaining the forensic integrity of the data.
We also offer customized services in e-discovery, incident response, computer forensics, evidence presentation and trial testimony, using a team of former law enforcement professionals, e-discovery and litigation support experts, information assurance specialists and project managers who have front-line, hands-on experience in all areas of digital investigations.
Guidance Software trains more than 6,000 corporate, law enforcement and government professionals annually in the areas of computer forensics, enterprise forensics, e-discovery, and computer incident response. Courses and materials are offered in a variety of languages in Guidance Software facilities worldwide, through partners and online.
Our customers are corporations and government agencies in a wide variety of industries, such as financial and insurance, technology, defense, energy, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and retail.
There are more than 40,000 licenses of EnCase® technology worldwide. The EnCase Enterprise platform is used by more than half of the Fortune 100, including Allstate, Chevron, Ford, General Electric, Honeywell, Northrop Grumman, Pfizer, UnitedHealth Group and Viacom.
The Front-End Web Developer at Guidance Software is a vital member of the Web Team. The Front-End Web Developer supports the team by assisting in the design, development, and deployment of web sites, web projects, as well as updating and maintaining existing web sites and functionality.
The Front-End Web Developer is responsible for implementing the compelling and informative website and mobilesite designs that promote Guidance Software products and services. The Front–End Web Developer should bring technical expertise, an ability to implement business solutions using state-of-the-art technology that meet defined requirements, as well as the ability to expand, explore, and recommend enhancements to the assigned projects and tasks.
The Front-End Web Developer should take ownership of and responsibility for projects and systems they work on, and remain versatile and willing to work on a wide variety of development tasks. This position reports to the Director of Marketing Operations and Technology.
- Work to understand the goals and objectives of the company, marketing department, and the Web team
- Take an active role in the development process – bringing insight and expertise to the process of planning and designing
- Engage strong problem-solving skills to quickly convert concepts and ideas into solutions that effectively support the business, and maintain the ability to learn and grow with the company, team, and with evolving trends in technology
- Organize and balance the priorities and deadlines of work, bringing a strong work ethic and exceptional attention to detail
- Lead the execution of the mobile strategy for the company, including creating a responsive web pages
- Use excellent written and communication skills to clearly articulate ideas and thoughts
- Use tools such as Visual Studio, Adobe DreamWeaver, Flash, Photoshop, and Illustrator in the Web development process
- Leverage the capabilities of our content management system; using the platform to streamline content deployment and maintenance updates.
- Ensure that web sites are built in a way that assures accessibility and compliance with common Web standards (W3C), as well as the standards and expectations defined by technical management Incorporate best practices for search engine optimization and assist in monitoring and adapting search optimization to maintain results and visibility
- Maintain flexibility and adaptability to the changing needs of the business
- Collaborate with colleagues in testing and bug tracking, and building upon the development knowledge within the Web team
- Effectively integrate video content into the Web experience using current and emerging Web-delivered video technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Two or more years of front-end Web development experience in a fast-paced team environment
- HTML5, CSS3
- Experience working on multiple projects. Must be able to work under the pressure of defined, often tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and pixel-perfect transformation of Photoshop files into compliant XHTML
- Knowledge of cross-browser testing, debugging, and limitations
- Web development process, from concept to development, testing to deployment
- XHMTL, CSS, LESS, and SEO
- Ability to write clean, valid semantic, and well documented XHTML and CSS
- Ability to generate well factored code
- Understanding of ASP.NET
- Responsive mobile development
- Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and InDesign
- SQL, C#, VB, PHP5, MySQL, REST, SOAP, JSON
- ASP.NET MVC3
- PHP MVC
- Skills in UI Design
- Visual Studio 2008 and 2010
- Google APOs and Tools: Web Developer Tools, Analytics, Custom Search (CSE)
- Social Media API Integration: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc…
- Omniture Analytics and Multivariate Testing
- Brightcove and BEML
- SharePoint and SharePoint Designer
- Desire to Learn Any or All of the Above
To apply for this position, in addition to a resume and cover letter, please provide link(s) to a portfolio of your work.
Guidance Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.