Community Contracts Manager
- Stuart, FL
Gulfstream Goodwill Industries assists people with disabilities and other barriers to employment to become self-sufficient, working members of our community. Giving people a hand up rather than a hand out results in self-esteem and independence. We provide programs and services for individuals in Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie, Indian River, and Okeechobee counties.
Staff, train and monitor personnel and prepare reports and documentation for new and existing community contracts; and contribute to the mission of Goodwill by maximizing the opportunities for community members to become self-sufficient, working within the limits of established policies.
FT/PT Status:Full Time
1. Staff new and existing contracts. Work with internal placement staff and other referral entities to identify and place staff. Submit NISH contract benefit calculations. Maintain holiday and vacation records for NISH contract employees.
2. Interview, select, recommend, hire, train and supervise assigned staff. Assign and check work. Provide direction to staff and assist in the investigation and resolution of problems. Evaluate performance and provide counseling and coaching to employees. Initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, terminations, or disciplinary measures. Maintain harmonious employee/employer relations. Determine current and future staffing levels. Develop and implement staffing plans for related budgets.
3. Facilitate the hiring process. Distribute Human Resource documents and forms, arrange for health screenings, and manage the hiring packets for new participant employees. Coordinate process with HR representative and Business Manager. Respond to needs of participant employees. Refer as necessary for Health and Welfare benefits and administration.
4. Facilitate on-site training of supervisory staff and participant employees. Act as liaison between the contract employer and GGI.
5. Serve as back-up to staff to fulfill contract.
6. Review time cards and schedule staffing for contracts. Approve payroll transactions. Prepare monthly reports for billing.
7. Monitor safety compliance at job sites of contract employers.
8. Assist in the preparation, monitoring and formatting of the budget and strategic planning for new and existing contracts.
9. Prepare backup and documentation reports for all contracts. Perform data management and record keeping duties for all contracts through completion. Compile spread sheets to submit for review and invoicing.
10. Compile requirements for supplies, materials and equipment requested by contract supervisors and convert to computerized purchase requisitions with proper general ledger coding, quantities, description and vendor information for review and authorization.
11. Perform any range of assignments or special projects as requested.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
2. Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
3. Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
4. Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.Job Qualifications:KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Experience and education equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree in in Business Administration, Sociology or Social Science preferred.
2. Minimum three (3) years in rehabilitation, retail, non-profit environment or related experience preferred.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
4. Ability to communicate clearly in English and understand verbal/written instructions. Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communications.
5. Ability to deal with a wide variety of people in a positive manner.
6. Ability to give attention to details, meet schedules and complete work assignments successfully.
7. Must have a valid Florida driver’s license, valid insurance, reliable transportation for travel to outlying locations and the ability to be insured under the company’s vehicle insurance policy.
1. General office environment
2. Normal sitting, standing and walking
3. Frequent travel
4. Regular pushing, pulling, stretching, reaching, kneeling stooping and bending
5. Ability to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer and peripherals, word processing, spreadsheets and software programs, and standard office and safety equipment.
**Special Note: Applicants not meeting all requirements may be considered as a “trainee” at a reduced wage**
****Candidates are required to pass the Level 2 background check as well as the suitability background check****