Operations Area Manager - Automotive Logistics 3PL Supplier
- Chattanooga, TN
About the Company
Team 3 Logistics is a nonunion 3PL auto supplier serving the new Volkswagen Plant in beautiful Chattanooga, TN. We are seeking experienced Area Operations Managers to join our team.
Team 3 is the first US venture for Schenellecke, a German auto supplier serving VW around the world. Schnellecke joined forces with Kenco here in the US to create an independent joint venture of the 2 companies - Team 3 Logistics.
Team 3 offers employees a comprehensive compensation and benefits package and is located on the campus of Volkswagen in Chattanooga., TN.
Team 3's SOP was April 30, 2012, and so we are in startup mode this year. We are in great need of Operations Management people who have experience leading inexperienced associates in teams, and who have a deep understanding of the training, quality, safety, and productivity requirements of being a Tier 1 supplier to an OEM also in its early SOP years. We need Managers who have a deep knowledge of the auto industry specifically and experience with the use of formal productivity and quality systems tools used in analytical problemsolving in a lean, startup operation.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Operations Management, Logistics, or closely related field.
- 7-10 years experience with managing people, successfully, preferably in large teams.
- Minimum 3 years of Management or supervisory experience in automotive Tier 1 supplier or OEM experience is required.
- Evidence of formal training in Lean Mfg and quality systems tools is required.
- Must have a high level of skills in MS office, specifically Excel, Powerpoint, and Word. Familiarity with Access or other relational database preferred. Must have a high level of proficiency in using email and web-based tools.
Characteristics of a successful candidate include:
- Must be data-driven and make decisions using data; posess sound judgment; unquestionable behavior, personal integrity, and ethics.
- Must have the ability to train and communicate with associates on the floor with a great deal of personal credibility; create trust. Friendly and approachable.
- Must be able to persuade and coach effectively.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate verbally, in writing, and electronically professionally at all times.
Competitive pay is offered for the right person.