Senior Ruby on Rails Full Stack Developer • Remote Based • Full or Part-time
- London, United Kingdom
Help us transform lives. Build software to enhance the provision of mental health services.
Our vision is to take the stigma out of therapy and put a positive spin on accessing quality help.
We promote emotional wellbeing by connecting people to the highest calibre therapists. We also reduce the administrative burden on clinicians to allow them to focus on treating patients.
As a group we are helpful, dependable and growth-oriented.
We are looking for up to two full-stack Ruby on Rails developers to build a first-rate online marketplace and a practice management web app.
The following concepts and criteria are vital to us, and will be to you too:
Agility, scalability, security, aesthetics, lightening speed, clean code, UX obsessed.
• You have experience in building a complete app (yours or for someone else) and have examples to show us
• You have integrated a payments and/or escrow system
• You have built appointment or calendar functions
• You have set up rails app deployments using Capistrano onto cloud or physical infrastructure
• You have delivered mobile optimised experiences (not just responsive layouts) alongside those for desktop users
• You have delivered appropriate levels of test coverage to help validate apps you’ve built
• You ideally have experience setting up continuous integration and using deployment tools such as Chef or Puppet
• You can create apps from UI prototypes and UX guidance without requiring extensive design artefacts.
• You will work closely alongside our CTO and other team players
• You are self-motivated.
• You love to learn and thrive on challenges.
• Be involved with the growth of this exciting, social impact initiative at its early stage as a lead developer.
• Internally funded and stable umbrella organisation - not dependent on VC (though we use resources conservatively!)
• Work remotely anywhere you like.
• Work part-time around your commitments with scope for full-time hours
• Possibility for two colleagues to join us
• Invitation to two social events a year
"A small team of A+ players can run circles around a giant team of B and C players." Steve jobs
If you would like to be a part of this exciting movement and meet the criteria above, please submit your CV and a covering note.
We will close the post once the role is suitably filled.
No agencies please.
Only successful applicants will be contacted - within 2 weeks applying.