Operations & Maintenance Technician - TRT7
Harsco is recognized for technical leadership and worldwide experience in virtually all major aspects of railway track maintenance. We enable railroads to operate at peak efficiency over smooth, precisely aligned track that increases railway safety while reducing fuel consumption and other key operating costs. Our broad array of equipment and services support every type of railway operator, from major national and international railway systems, to short lines and high-speed urban transit networks.
This role is offering an exceptional opportunity to work within a progressive organization with a team of dedicated professionals.
The Machine Maintenance is part of the team responsible for the delivery of high-quality customer service as it pertains to the operations and maintenance of the P-811S Machines’ equipment.
- Monitoring the operation, ensuring safe and efficient operations of the P-811S to achieve maximum output (i.e cut-in and cut-out operations performed correctly in as short a time as possible. Etc).
- Daily and overall maintenance of P-811S to ensure that it is properly maintained and kept in good and safe operating condition.
- Monitoring overall operations (ie. new tie conveyors, tie centering, tie layer mechanism, tie spacer mechanism, conveyor overrides, tie drop overrides, etc)
- Controlling the bogie drive disconnects, forward and reverse traction, braking, and speed of P-811S.
- B.E/ B.Tech/ Diploma/ ITI (Mechanical, Electrical/Electronics),
- 2-5 Years of experience in Track laying /Relaying/Track Maintenance or related heavy machinery such as mining, construction, and site management is preferred.
- Good Functional and working knowledge of Electrical connection, hydraulic and pneumatic connections schematics
- Relevant field experience is a must.
- Previous experience in team management is desirable and related functions management.
- Must have experience of handling breakdown maintenance of heavy machines at sites.
The information about this job description given above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.