Intern/Volunteer Database Coordinator
- Champaign, IL
The Aparecio Foundation is a nonprofit organization that was designed as an economic development strategy to lift women out of poverty and as a community development approach to build the leadership capacity of low-income women. The Aparecio Foundation provides academic support and scholarship programs for hih-potential, low-income women in public high schools hrough an eight-year multiple-mentor program.
The culture of Aparecio Foundation is characterized by an informal and laid back environment, where employees work independently and in teams to develop and carry out effective organizational structure and work processes. Employees are driven through self-motivation and passion for the not-for-profit sector. Through the development of quality services to the enhancement of the organization’s goals and objectives employees are able to use their strengths and skills the best ways they can! Therefore Aparecio Foundation employees are given freedom to be creative and energetic in performing their tasks and duties as professionals in their respective field of expertise.
The Database Coordinator position will be responsible for creating and
maintaining a library database housing all reference material available to The Apareció
Foundation volunteers, interns, and all employees. The Database Coordinator will save
all relevant research articles in Word and PDF forms and maintain a library database. The
Database Coordinator will work with the Research and Development Director on this project.
Description of Duties / Responsibilities:
Save all relevant research articles in Word and PDF formats and maintain database.
- Test all programs and/or databases correcting errors and making necessary
- Modify existing databases and database management systems and make relevant
changes for positive impact. Build contacts to maintain a constant continuum of
- Coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information against
accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Work with other departments to determine relevant material.
- Pay strict attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Business degree preferred; or 2 years’ experience working
extensively with computer programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with PDFs and other Windows software operations