- Chicago, IL
Felix is a luxury lifestyle magazine currently serving Chicago, Los Angeles and New York. The pages of this glossy publication cover the latest trends in fashion, fine dining, nightlife, arts and culture. Featuring ultra luxe fashion profiles, restaurants, and the season’s must-have accessories from the world’s top writers and stylists.
Luxe Media, LLC and Felix Magazine are the marketing names of The Aparecio Foundation, NFP (“TAF”). Luxe Media, LLC. is committed to developing a fun and productive work culture that is conducive to positive results!
We offer a uniquely open environment that demands initiative and imagination from every single team member that are heard, tested, and genuinely empowered to lead by example and create lasting impacts on our organization, its programs, and the community.
This is an unpaid internship/volunteer opportunity.
As a Creative Intern you will focus on building the Luxe Media brand with completing marketing while maintaining high standards of design. Duties will consist of photo touch ups, sophisticated type usage and smart application of layouts depending on the project that is assigned. Interns may work with HTML/CSS to update web pages, create e-mail blasts as well as updating Social Media sites such as Facebook and other outlets pertaining to the Luxe Media or the Felix Magazine. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work independently and/or with Felix Magazine Staff and Copywriters
- Respond to any work flow related emails promptly
- Attend weekly meetings to stay up to date on deadlines & upcoming events
- Must feel comfortable reaching out to clients by phone and email
- Must have some basic knowledge in using Microsoft Office
- A passion for women’s economic opportunities
- Must be a full or part-time student and working toward a degree
- Must be eligible to receive school credit and commit to 2-3 days a week for 3 months
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work autonomously
- Have the ability to multitask while still maintaining a good work flow to meet deadlines
- Must be proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Must know how to create formal & intelligently designed layouts (from creating a simple poster, flyer, e-blast, to creating a full magazine spread)
- Be able to offer innovative solutions to design problems while meeting the needs of clients (time, production cost, etc.)
- Must be able to transform the vision of the brand into all design materials in a sophisticated & creative way
- Research various marketing/advertising materials to help the brand stay on board with current design trends