- Los Angeles, CA
Felix is a luxury lifestyle magazine currently serving Chicago, Los Angeles and New York. The pages of this glossy publication cover the latest trends in fashion, fine dining, nightlife, arts and culture. Featuring ultra luxe fashion profiles, restaurants, and the season’s must-have accessories from the world’s top writers and stylists.
Luxe Media, LLC and Felix Magazine are the marketing names of The Aparecio Foundation, NFP (“TAF”). Luxe Media, LLC. is committed to developing a fun and productive work culture that is conducive to positive results!
We offer a uniquely open environment that demands initiative and imagination from every single team member that are heard, tested, and genuinely empowered to lead by example and create lasting impacts on our organization, its programs, and the community.
This is an unpaid internship/volunteer opportunity.
As a Creative Intern you will focus on building the Luxe Media brand with compelling marketing while maintaining high standards of design. Duties will consist of color correction, photo cropping, typography and image manipulation. Interns will work with HTML/CSS for web pages, e-newsletter blast and Social sites such as Facebook and blog. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop innovative design solutions
- Develop solutions for marketing materials, including but not limited to: In-book promotions, on-line, print, public relations and promotions materials, online advertising and social media, and special seasonal initiatives.
- Initiate concepts and work independently and/or with Felix Magazine Staff and Copywriters
- Perform other related duties as requested
- General admin duties. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and comfortable reaching out to clients by phone and email
- Handles other responsibilities and projects, as assigned
- A passion for women’s economic opportunities
- Must be a full or part-time student and working toward a degree
- Must be eligible to receive school credit and commit to 2-3 days a week for 3 months
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work autonomously
- Experience with photo art direction, desktop production and fashion magazine advertising
- Previous experience specifically in supporting fashion magazine environments
- Strong organizational and time management skills, highly motivated, self reliant with a "can do" attitude.
- Demonstration of strong design style, with fashion advertising experience
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and other groups as necessary both internally and externally
- Flexible; ability to adapt to changing priorities and multiple tasks
- Strong computer skills, PC with experience in Windows NT, Excel, PowerPoint and other applicable software
- Must be proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Integrity, honesty, openness and a willingness to operate as a team player