- Palo Alto, CA
Who We Are
Hassett Hardware is more than just a hardware store. We affect social and environmental change by the way we treat our employees, our customers, and by the way we do business - we are Green Business Certified at two of our locations. We live by our Mission: To provide the best service and product selections for the communities we serve by empowering our family of associates to always make it right; for every customer, every time. We also live by our Core Values: Integrity. Customer Awareness. Team Leadership. Innovative Thinking. Communication Skills. Respect for Others. Results Driven. Judgment, Maturity and Accountability.
The primary responsibilities of the Cashier/Sales Associate position are to maintain outstanding customer service; uphold our Mission and Core Values; process sales quickly, accurately, and efficiently; understand and support current promotions by engaging the customer; perform cash register operations; generate sales, merchandise product; and support the store management team. Sales Associates are in charge our customer first philosophy and are essential in delivering the best customer shopping experience possible. Cashiers are our first and last contact with our customers, and as such are responsible for being polite, friendly, and upholding our customer-first philosophy.
* Ensure each customer receives outstanding service which follows the S.A.L.E.S process and by mystery shop standards.
* Greet each customer as they enter the store.
* Answer phone calls.
* Tactfully and pleasantly deal with customers.
* Understand and support all promotions and advertisements by verbally engaging the customer in the offer.
* Accurately and efficiently ring on registers and maintain all cash at registers.
* Maintain orderly appearance of register area and supplies stocked.
* Issuing receipts, refunds, credits or change due to customers.
* Maintain awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
* Execute the daily operational, day-to-day goals and priorities assigned by store management.
* Assist in the training and development of peers.
* Actively participate in daily huddle meetings.
* Uphold merchandising and store cleanliness standards.
* Participate in the processing of new shipments and help the team to keep the receiving and back stock area clean and organized.
* Responsive of safety issues.
* Conscious of shoplifting activity.
* Aid customers in locating merchandising in store, on acehardware.com, as well as processing special orders.
* Solicit customers to open an Ace Rewards card.
* Answer customers’ questions and provide information on procedures and policies.
* Must respond to this posting with, "I want to work for your company."
* Experience: Sales and/or marketing experience in a retail environment, either in cashier, sales, or back office; establishing relationships and working with customers.
* Skills/Knowledge: Ability to process information and/or merchandise through register system. Ability to communicate with associates and customers.
* A commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction.
* Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
* Excellent communication skills, exceptional organizational ability, high attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
* Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
* Skills/Knowledge: *
* Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong willingness to learn.
* Knowledge of retail computer systems, electronic cash registers, MS Word, and Excel a plus.
* Exceptional organizational ability, high attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
* Must be able to lift, move and handle up to 60 pounds frequently to load and unload customer orders.
* Ability to stand for an extended period of time.
* Move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting.