Group Home Manager
- Akron, OH
Since 1961, Hattie Larlham has built a rich legacy upon the principle that every child and adult with developmental disabilities deserves the best care possible.
Job Summary: The Home Manager is responsible for day to day management of the facilities assigned including but not limited to, the overall health, safety, development and supervision of staff and residents. The Home Manger is to create a relationship with the individuals served involving the development and/or implementation of the Individual service plan using creative and thoughtful techniques developed through the understanding of the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities. The Home Manager is responsible to ensure that the requirements of the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities are met and maintained at all times. This includes Supported Living Standards, Rules of Licensure, H.C.B.S. Waiver Standards as applicable. Applicable standards of the local CountyBoards of MR/DD also are included (i.e. the Individual Plan, Case Management Monitoring, etc.) The Home Manager is to work at least 40 hours per week period. Hours should be flexible to meet the individuals’ needs and provide effective program monitoring. Will be required to transport individuals and must have an operational vehicle. May work with individuals with severe behavior disorders. Will work with both handicapped males and females. The Home Manager will be on call 24 hours per day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Home Manager must meet all requirements of the Residential Assistant in addition to:
- Provide supervision of direct care staff at the homes on a day to day basis; provide feedback on performance to Program Director and Program Coordinator. Works with the Scheduler to ensure that site schedules are completed and adequate staff coverage is provided. (40%) 1, 2, 3,4,6,7.
- Ensure that appointments are scheduled and proper follow up occurs for the individuals per the recommendation of the interdisciplinary team, OD/DD licensure, physician or other professional referral and/or other possible needs. Ensure that the documentation and communication of the outcome and recommendations of all appointments per Hattie Larlham, Licensure and IP requirements is completed as needed. (20%) 1, 2, 3,4,6,7.
- Provide training and development of the direct care staff (new and veteran) in order to ensure the highest quality of care for the individuals. (8%) 1, 2, 3,4,6,7.
- Complete forms, reports, documentation and other paperwork and submit my assigned due dates. Oversee and monitor the completion of forms, reports, documentation and other paperwork by direct care staff. (10%) 1, 2,4,6,7.
- Attends all IP meetings as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Provide input as needed. (5%) 1,2,3,4,5,6,7.
- Maintain all petty cash, individuals’ cash on hand and checking accounts as applicable per ODMR/DD Licensure and Supported Living regulations. Ensures payment of all financial obligations. Ensure that the proper menus and food supplies are in the homes. May need to shop for the homes (food, personal care supplies, etc). Will meet all repair people at the home when needed. (4%) 1,2,3,4,5,6,7.
- Responsible for communication with the interdisciplinary team, guardian and involved family members in conjunction with the Program Coordinator. (10%) 1, 2,3,4,6.
- Attend staff meetings and other meetings as instructed by supervisor. (1%) 1, 2, 3,4,6,7.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor. (1%) 1, 3,4,6,7.
- Responsible for participating in and maintaining a safe workplace and attending annual safety training. (1%) 4,5,6,7.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Home Manager is responsible for direct supervision of the home resident assistants and is responsible for ensuring services are provided. .
Physical & Financial Resources Responsibility: Limited influence on costs through effective utilization of funds or physical resources; recommends routine expenditures within policy limitations.
1. Mission/Values, Philosophy/Goals:
Displays commitment to the mission, values, and vision of Hattie Larlham.
Communicates and collaborates clearly and effectively to enhance individuals/customer care and facilitate operations of Hattie Larlham Departments.
- Initiates and maintains positive relationships with customers, residents and families
- Initiates and maintains positive relations with co-workers
Demonstrates leadership to promote quality care
Takes responsibility for self-development, professional growth and supports a learning environment.
Understands and implements the processes pertaining to the specific job
Consistently demonstrates Hattie Larlham best practices while performing the specific
Displays and accepts responsibility of their actions, the actions of their staff, feedback from others and is fiscally accountable for areas of the budget within their control.
Education Qualifications: High School diploma or GED, a valid State of Ohio Driver’s License, proof of insurance, and must meet Hattie Larlham’s guidelines for transporting individuals.
Required Credentials, Licensure or Certifications: Must obtain delegated med passing certification
Experience and Knowledge Necessary: At least one year direct care experience working with individuals with mental retardation developmental disabilities. Need to have basic computer skills including fax machine and printer.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift 60 pounds unassisted, operate household appliances such as vacuum cleaners, and go up and down stairs carrying laundry etc.
Working Environment: The Home Manager is required to work a minimum 40 hours per week period and to ensure the duties of this position are completed on a timely basis. Hours should be flexible to meet the individuals’ needs and to provide effective program planning and monitoring. The Home Manager will be on call 24 hours for their homes.
Reasoning Ability: Must be able to deal with problems quickly and efficiently, demonstrate sound judgment, handle certain behaviors and work cooperatively with others in a group setting. Must be capable of problem solving and follow through in daily performance. Must be able to complete duties with limited supervision.
Decision-Making Responsibility: Is responsible for routine operations and decisions which are with in the position‘s description, but occasionally requires innovation beyond scope of existing practice. Must be able to make informed decisions in the best interest of the individuals served. To coordinate decisions with the program coordinator and with the interdisciplinary team.
- Internal Contacts – Specific Positions and Purpose
- Resident Assistants – Supervise and ensure services are implemented.
- Program Coordinator – Inform, communicate and problem solve.
- Program Director – Inform and Communicate.
- External Contacts – Types of Contacts and Purpose
- Guardians and Families – Communicate information
- Health Professionals – Ensure proper medical care
- Interdisciplinary Team – Inform, communicate and ensure health, safety and welfare.
Individual/Resident Relationships: Relationships with the individuals involve the development and/or implementation of the plan using creative and thoughtful techniques developed through the understanding of MR/DD/MH. Responsible in assessing those who provide direct care and responsible for ensuring services are provided.
Education/Training: High School Diploma/GED
Other Requirements:. Valid Ohio Drivers License with no more than four points and Transportation.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
Past management and DD experience.
Must be able to be on call 24/7
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Thank you for applying to Hattie Larlham, one of the best places to work in Northeast Ohio - NorthCoast 99.
Click below to begin the application process.