CAMPAIGNS DIRECTOR, RUSSIA
- Moscú, Russian Federation
CitizenGO (cGO), a non-profit Foundation, is seeking a Campaigns Director, Russia, to join our global leadership team and provide strategic oversight and management to our fast-growing “Russian-speaking population” campaigns and operations.
The impact you can make in this role is transformational: your mission will be to empower millions of citizens to create positive social change, while growing cGO into the premier organization in the field of conservative online activism.
cGO is the new platform of online petitions and campaigns (in English, Spanish, Filipino-Tagalog, Croatian, Russian, French, Portuguese, German, Polish and Italian) which try to influence the international institutions and bodies and the national governments in countries throughout the world to defend and promote life, family and freedom.
From a Christian conception of men and society, we affirm the dignity and importance of values such as freedom, justice and solidarity.
We want to contribute to build a better society and to promote human dignity. We work on the following fields: Life, Family, Education, Human Rights, Religious Freedom and Participation.
HazteOir.org (HO) has contributed to the launch of this project.
HO, Spanish non-profit association, was founded in 2001. It has since then become the main platform of online pro-life and pro-family Spanish-speaking campaigns. At present, it has 440,000 citizens, 95% of them living in Spain.
The Campaigns Director, Russia, will be our Russian-speaking territories campaign manager, leading our entire advocacy and campaigning efforts for the Russian-speaking population. You’ll design and execute rapid-response campaigns.
You’ll make a huge impact as you help millions of citizens stand-up an start and successfully run their own local campaigns for positive social change. Your work will help inspire our members with a deep belief that citizens-powered change is possible.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying promising grassroots campaigns started by activists or organizations in the Russian language. You’ll help these campaigns win by providing strategic advice, conducting media outreach, and promoting them to cGO members via email.
- Designing and executing rapid-response social change advocacy campaigns in partnership with other stakeholders, partners and ally NGO, with the potential for explosive growth and swift victories. This includes writing engaging campaign emails.
- Launching one major online campaign on a weekly basis. Sometimes, you’ll have to create a campaign from scratch, sometimes you’ll develop and enhance a campaign created by an activist, sometimes you’ll translate and adapt a cGO campaign that is being promoted worldwide.
- Establishing and maintaining deep partnerships with leading NGOs - local, national, and global. You’ll be a trusted advisor and useful ally, helping large and small organizations run campaigns on cGO.
- Promoting and managing the distribution of the campaigns via emails with a call-to-action. Also, spreading the word about the campaigns via social networks.
- Representing cGO before the media and politicians as a spokesperson. Attending conferences and networking events and delivering small presentations related to cGO and the campaigns we organize and promote.
- Analyzing the cGO reputational risks in a diverse set of global markets and executing various initiatives to mitigate those risks.
- Recruiting, training and managing a team of offline volunteers, the field organizers and campaigners who support cGO campaigns and activities.
- Collaborating with a global team of campaigners to help shape the direction of cGO internationally.
- Helping formalize the accreditation as consultant on Family, Life and Liberty before all national and international agencies and bodies where cGO operates.
- Increasing the number of members of the cGO’s lists.
- Managing the electronic communications with cGO members.
- Collaborating with the fundraising team to obtain contributions from members and collaborators via the online fundraising campaigns.
Compensation is competitive, and our organizational culture is results oriented -- it's not about the hours you put in.
A very attractive incentive plan is in place: as many members you help reach, better compensation… Don’t worry to penalize cGO finances because of your great achievements, in fact we encourage you to cause cash-flow problems by achieving ambitious member-building objectives.
The ideal candidate should have the following core competencies:
- A deep understanding of cGO Foundation Vision, Mission and Objectives and strong commitment with the values we defend.
- Commitment to our mission of empowering citizens to win campaigns on the critical issues of our times. You believe citizens can stop injustice, can stop the culture of death and gender ideology-inspired totalitarianism and can change the world and you’ve shown it by your past involvement in social change conservative work.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills in Russian and English, able to craft compelling and persuasive written communications for a general audience.
- You should enjoy working in an online environment, using social media and collaborating using online tools.
- Strong leadership and persuasiveness skills. You’ll be able to inspire citizens to understand the possibilities of citizen-powered change to promote life, family and freedom.
- The ability to build and manage a small team of volunteers, bringing out the best in them.
- Impact-driven. You’ll work outside your comfort zone to do what it takes to win campaigns.
- A track record of good judgment. You’re able to make sound decisions in fast-moving situations.
- Strong rapport-building and relationship skills. You can effectively build and maintain partnerships and be a trusted ally amongst social change campaigners.
- Initiative and a can-do attitude across a variety of campaign issue areas.
- Able to identify and seize opportunities quickly. Online campaigning is very moment-driven, so you’ll be comfortable working in an agile and fast-paced environment.
- High-level strategic thinker, with a strong grasp of national and international politics and social power. You understand the political and corporate pressure points in the world and current life and family issues at play.
cGO is an exceptionally fast-paced and collaborative work environment. Your co-workers are high-impact, low-ego, and have a deep respect for our members.
Normally, Campaigns Directors will have relevant experience in advocacy, media or government – but if you make up for lack of experience with passion and a willingness to learn quickly, you should still apply.
You will be a recognized social change leader with a proven track record of scaling and managing teams, and the ability to inspire other leaders to achieve world-class outcomes.
At least 8 years of relevant experience is preferred, a strong management and leadership background and a demonstrable passion for cGO’s mission and vision is essential.
You may come from a variety of different backgrounds, but experience in the nonprofit, advocacy, social enterprise and/or tech sectors are strongly desired.
Successful candidates are also likely to have some or all of the following competences: a deep understanding of social change, campaign strategy, power mapping and advocacy, policy analysis, communications, network-building, online campaigning, organizational development, remote and cross-cultural management, and business strategy.
We prefer applicants based in Moscow, but we are open to candidates located all over Russia. The role will involve some travel.
Fluency in English is a must.