Coding Services Manager Position Available
- Orange, CA
Healthcare Talent is assisting a prominent healthcare organization in Orange to identify a Manager for their Coding Services Department. This position is responsible for management of the auditing and education programs and daily operations of the coding department.
- Ensure timely audits have occurred and completed, evaluated and education provided.
- Coordinates outside vendors/contractors who provide coding and abstracting services in order to maintain auditing function.
- Review pre-payment and post payment audits and education.
- Assist Coding Compliance Policies and Procedures.
- Assist in establishing and monitoring audit criteria to monitor accuracy and timeliness of coding activities.
- Codes ICD-9CM (ICD-10 after 10/1/2014) and CPT-4/HCPCS codes on all patient records according to regulatory guidelines.
- Responsible for assisting in maintenance of department files and records including updated copies of policies and procedures, license verification, committee minutes and health plan reports.
- Manages and monitors weekly payroll, including timecard edits for coding department.
Education: Associate Degree in Medical Record Technology or equivalent work experience. High school diploma/equivalency required
Experience: Minimum of two years of supervisory experience, 3 years coding auditing and provider education experience with Multi specialty coding
AAPC coding certification required, CPMA, or obtains within 1 year from hire
Certified Coding Specialist Physician (CCS-P)
College level medical terminology and anatomy and physiology
ICD-10 training certificate
If you feel that you have the skills we require, please respond to this posting with your contact information and your resume in a Word document. We look forward to hearing from you today!