Manager of Compensation & Benefits
- Minneapolis, MN
Are you looking for a rewarding career? Do you have the passion and skills to make a difference? If so, we encourage you to join our team!
Health Dimensions Group provides consulting and management services to healthcare organizations and providers. In addition, the ownership of skilled nursing and senior housing facilities is integral to our ongoing mission. We are committed to designing integrated solutions for the achievement of the community health goals of our managed facilities and consulting clients.
Health Dimensions Group is committed to the core values of hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect, and humor. These values, in addition to the significance and impact on the service we provide, determine our priorities, inform our decisions, and represent stability to those we serve.
The Manager of Total Rewards (Compensation & Benefits) is responsible for the planning, analysis, administration and execution of the company’s Total Rewards (Compensation and Benefits) and recognition plans. This position closely partners with Payroll, Finance and Accounting and all HR functions to deliver a highly effective, efficient and integrated HR delivery model serving the HDG organization. This position will also be responsible for creating and maintaining HR policy and procedure development in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Some duties include:
Oversee benefits and compensation programs to ensure competitive, high-value, and cost effective Total Rewards.
- Lead the compensation function to ensure a comprehensive, pay-for-performance compensation program for HDG which provides current market data, effective compensation plan and incentive plan designs, current market data and analysis and recommends salary range increases and annual merit budget recommendations
Oversee the annual compensation/merit review process and base pay compensation. Provides frameworks and consistent processes for the sites, to achieve as much consistency and objectivity as possible. Advises the Executive Directors.
Oversee recognition programs, providing frameworks for as much consistency as possible
Provides frameworks and advise for managers and HR generalists on all compensation topics including hiring rates and promotional increases
- Administer the benefits function including market analysis and benefit program administration
- Manages company-paid and optional benefits programs to include: Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, etc.
- In conjunction with HR Specialist, ensure accuracy and integrity of pay, benefits and time off (PTO, disability, etc.) practices and processes. Collaborates with the payroll function for a fully integrated process and handoffs.
- Provides oversight for Benefits reporting and compliance for union and non-union settings. Partners with legal to ensure compliance with all legal requirements of employee benefit and compensation programs. Manages Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), ADA, COBRA, and ARRA compliance.
- Packages and communicates in various forms compensation and benefits information for employees for understanding, usability and value. Champions wellness and consumerism initiatives.
- Serves as Plan Administrator and communicator for the 401(k) plans ensuring ERISA and all compliance. Ensures plans are funded & participants engaged. In conjunction with HR Specialist, conducts annual audit Form 5500, external audit, and distributes SARs. Ensures plan documents & amendments are current & accurate. Advises benefits committees & documents their actions. Reviews actuarial valuations.
- Work with the finance and accounting department to ensure adequate estimates, modeling, forecasts, and calculations of benefits and compensation and incentives expenses against budget planning and tracking/
- Develop and manage budget for benefits and compensation, exploring ways to reduce cost while maintaining high level of quality.
- Maintain documentation for all HR Operations procedures and internal controls. Develop procedures to continually identify process improvements related to the HR Operations team’s processes.
- Develop and manage pay and leave policies in concert with other HR policies.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of all HR policies, handbooks and procedures in accordance to state and federal law
Bachelor’s degree in HR, Finance or a related field is required.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Compensation management role, preferably in a shared services HR environment.
Professional Certification (GRP, CCP, SPHR or PHR) desirable
Specific management experience in Compensation planning, research, policy development and program design to include health and welfare benefits, retirement plans, base and incentive pay.
Strong knowledge of HR, Benefits, and pay-related laws and regulations
Strong knowledge and experience in disability management
Experience working in a union environment, preferred
Experience and good command of HRIS systems, strong Excel skills required
Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to effectively work, communicate and collaborate within a highly matrixed geographically-dispersed organization.
Skilled in problem resolution and decision making.
Ability to interpret and assist in implementing key business drivers/strategies and their relationship to human performance strategies.
Understands the business and able to balance human/organizational decisions with business consideration
Creative and resourceful
Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
Strong organizational and phone skills
- Ability to take initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel up to 10-15%
We are a values driven organization and offer a competitive wage and benefit package. Please include salary requirement with application and resume.
Note: All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.