EHR Trainer & Implementation Specialist
- Oxon Hill-Glassmanor, MD
About Health Prime International, LLC:
HPI provides a full line of practice management and back office services for physicians and hospital owned physician groups throughout the USA.
Services include: Revenue Cycle Management, Electronic Health Records, ACO and MSO development, practice management, transcription, call center, coding and compliance, IT infrastructure and support and facility development. We are located in National Harbor, MD, right outside of DC!
Physician Practice Management, Physician Services, ACO and MSO Development, Health Care Consulting and Project Management
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role of the EHR implementation specialist is to be responsible for implementation, configuration, training, and re-engineering of practice operations to support the successful adoption of an electronic practice management and electronic health records software. The EHR implementation specialist, in partnership with team members and in line with the project plan, will interact directly with the physicians and physicians' office staff to design, configure, test, train, implement and support the use of the EHR software.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate as a key member of the core implementation team charged with successfully implementing and supporting an EHR system by becoming a subject matter expert in the functionality of the electronic practice management and electronic medical records software. Certification may be required.
• Serve as the main point of contact and application subject matter expert for the physician offices during the implementation process; on site go-live support and post implementation phase, including optimization.
• Analyze and document the requirements of a physician's office and clinical workflow as they pertain to the implementation of electronic practice management and electronic medical records software.
• Analyze and report on the requirements of a physician's office as it pertains to the adoption and adherence to government and other incentive programs and compliance programs.
• Prepare recommendations and/or alternatives that address existing and potential areas of improvements in physician offices operations.
• Redesign existing workflows to leverage the EHR/PM application and document, review and train future state workflows.
• Design and configure the electronic practice management and electronic medical records software in the most efficient manner to support the physicians' office requirements and future state workflows.
• Create, utilize and implement customized training curriculum to train and instruct the physician's office staff on the use the features of the electronic practice management and electronic medical records software effectively.
• Document implementation decisions and configuration approach
• Directly and remotely support the physicians and physician office staff in the use of the software.
• Participate in the planning, design, development and deployment of new application modules and enhancements to existing applications.
• Perform in-depth tests, including unit and integrated testing.
• Utilize the call tracking software provided to adequately document issues.
• Correctly status and prioritize issues.
• Resolve issues directly and remotely utilizing training and provided documentation.
• Follow established escalation and notification procedures.
• Provide regular status updates to project manager for all assigned tasks
• May perform other duties as assigned or requested
• Self-directed minimal supervision required
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• People management and team-building abilities
• Ability to Prioritize, Plan and Execute
• Creativity, self-confidence and flexibility
• Sensitive to the dynamic interplay that occurs between systems and clients
• Critical Thinking and Analytical Skills
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills required.
• Outstanding customer service skills, including the ability to interact with all types and skill levels of individuals
• Willingness to travel (required) with potential for extended-stay assignments away from home location
• Maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Operational experience with EMR / EHR system(s)
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Previous experience with workflow analysis/documentation, end-user training/support and system testing (Absolutely Necessary)
• Experience with instructional design and curriculum/training material development
• 1+ years experience with EMR / EHR system assisting with system implementation and support required (Absolutely Necessary)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office & Outlook.
• Experience working with computer networks and software development preferred.
We are looking for someone who is always looking to do more and be a greater asset to the team, not waiting to be directed to perform daily functions. In order to be successful in this position you have to be an outgoing and driven individual. Self-starting is a must in this role.