VP of Customer Experience
- Stamford, CT
This position is responsible for all Post-Sale support activities for the Hearst Digital Media Services and LocalEdge Sales Channels. Through a team of managers this role establishes efficient processes & standards to process all sales within company standards, coordinates all content requirements for purchased products, interfaces with product fulfillment for activation & launch and conducts on-boarding with the customer. This team is also accountable for customer retention, new product introduction, contract renewal/up-sell, resolution of customer problem(s) and customer win-backs. Optimizes sales rep selling time through above support activities and further facilitate rep efficiency.
The VP of Customer Experience will create a positive customer experience and overall client satisfaction through high-touch product and process training, products knowledge and service standards, digital solution consultation and continuous customer outreach. This position collaborates across internal departments to streamline and facilitate sales processing and ensure timely high-quality internet product fulfillment to deliver a superior level of customer care across multiple time zones.
- Establishes order/contract submission standards, content collection, product activation and on-boarding practices that produce a best-in-market contract fulfillment.
- Creates, updates and continually trains the service team on processes, product performance, customer dashboard tools, problem resolution and on-boarding to create overall customer satisfaction and stickiness with LocalEdge.
- Develops on-line meeting collaboration materials and tools to effectively conduct high-touch customer contacts leading to product understanding & satisfaction, new product introduction and contract renewal/up-sell.
- Working with internal department heads, recommends and implements change in methods, procedures and technology as needed to maintain product performance and customer service standards.
- Monitors and manages workflow with other internal work groups to ensure timely completion and activation of each product.
- Manages a team of employees to ensure compliance in regards to policies and procedures related to purchases/orders submitted.
- Conducts root cause analysis of customer complaints and modifies upstream processes to eliminate/reduce complaint category. Establishes financially sound problem resolution grid for use by Customer Service team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
College degree or equivalent with 5+ years of experience managing in a high volume, multiple product, operations support, marketing and/or customer service environments is required for this position. Experience in a media, internet environment is required.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Superior knowledge of internet, search, optimization, social media, mobile and other related internet marketing products. Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Data driven and comfortable working scientifically to diagnose current problems, track trends and predict future results in order to establish and maintain a world class Client Services organization.
- Must have extensive experience developing and implementing effective workflow processes. Must have a process orientation, be detailed oriented, possess a strong work ethic, be highly motivated and well organized.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong attention to detail. Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, as well as diverse groups of individuals including all levels of employees and management. The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and be very customer focused.
- Computer skills are mandatory for this position including a high level of proficiency using the internet, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
- Experience with HTML, Dream Weaver, Adobe Photoshop and FTP is a plus and will be useful for the position.
- Candidate must have solid time management skills and be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere where priorities change and deadlines are rigid.
- Candidate must possess extensive/ expert digital knowledge with the ability to quickly learn all LocalEdge and Hearst products, tools and reports related to our digital product set to perform duties upon completion of training.