Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Buffalo, NY
Hearst has quietly become one of the most profitable and diversified media companies in the U.S. Over the last 20 years Hearst has launched several successful new magazines including O Magazine & HGTV Magazine, invested in incredible businesses including ESPN (20% ownership) & Pandora and, in recent years, dramatically increased profits in its Newspaper division by delivering world-class news content and diversifying into innovative digital advertising products.
Today, Hearst is accelerating its digital advertising expansion, combining its vast digital footprint with a full suite of local online marketing products, and offering local businesses an unparalleled opportunity to grow successfully online. To that end, we are seeking a talent acquisition specialist reporting to the Head of Recruiting to help us acquire the best talent across the organization to aid and support it’s continuing success.
- Building relationships with hiring managers to understand current business strategies, design appropriate sourcing strategies, and identify and implement appropriate recruiting processes.
- Identify diverse, top-level talent through aggressive sourcing methods, which include Internet research, networking, direct sourcing, employee referrals, advertisements, career events, associations, and other sources as needed.
- Efficiently evaluate applicants, assess baseline qualifications, and discuss appropriate job opportunities.
- Conduct screening and selection interviews that follow company guidelines, meet legal requirements, and gather appropriate candidate information.
- Collect, analyze and distribute feedback to candidates and hiring managers through the recruitment process.
- Manage appropriate candidate tracking and reporting.
- BA/BS degree. Progressive experience in recruitment may be considered in lieu of education.
- 2+ years of progressive recruitment experience. Experience in sales recruiting is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated expertise sourcing, recruiting and placing talent from a multi-source pipeline including internal candidates, Internet sourcing, networking, direct application, and cold calling methodologies. Must be a closer.
- Strong client focus with superior communications and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in applying benchmarking principles and methodology and of business/industry practices. Understanding of labor market shifts and influencers.
- Requires identifying, understanding, and adapting outstanding practices and processes from other organizations to help improve performance.
- Knowledgeable in counseling and coaching principles and ability to motivate candidates and provide appropriate direction and advice that may impact career decisions.
- Proficiency in applying sound communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation skills to effectively impart ideas and information.
- Ability to sell new and effective alternatives to current recruitment practices based on business dynamics and needs.
- Proficiency in managing and prioritizing the intake of new job requisitions to gain efficiencies and set clear expectations for deliverables with hiring manager.
- Strong working knowledge of MS office, especially excel and word. Extra points for Google docs.
- Ability to sell and negotiate job opportunities with candidate, company/employee benefits, and compensation packages resulting in successful hires.
- Successfully approaching issues or disagreements with the objective of reaching win/win solutions. Establishing, building, and maintaining professional relationships with peers, leadership, candidates and others to provide business solutions, facilitate the development of business opportunities, and support individual growth.
- Solid knowledge in full lifecycle recruitment, including thorough pre-qualification screening, interviewing and closing professional level candidates across multiple levels and disciplines.
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously and can have fun!
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary package
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid time off
- 401K plan plus matching program
- Hearst employee benefits