Sr Sound Designer
Heart Machine is an award-winning developer with people from all over the world working on incredible projects. We're fortunate to be able to do what we love every day with people we enjoy on projects that resonate with audiences on an array of emotional levels. If you're interested in becoming part of a diverse and extraordinarily talented crew of people and working on the types of projects you dream of as a kid, please reach out to us.
As a Sound Designer, you will be working with Designers and Artists to get the spirit of the game captured in audio form. You will be working with the whole team, in a highly collaborative environment, where your design skills can shine! You will get to apply your strong understanding of the role audio plays to bring storytelling to life.
- Collaborate with other departments to develop audio systems to support game features
- Create sounds for a wide variety of game elements, such as creatures, player abilities, UI and environmental audio
- Evaluate game elements to identify economical opportunities for audio to push the game toward its goals
- Work with the Audio Director and Production to maintain documentation
- 5+ years experience designing and implementing sound in a game development environment - ideally have at least one published title
- Expertise in DAW (of your choice)
- Strong understanding of audio signal processing
Nice to have experience:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4/5
- Experience in audio middleware like Wwise or FMOD etc.
- Strong collaborative & analytical skills
Heart Machine Offers*
- Competitive pay through bonus structures
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Flexibility in work location(s)
We are supportive of a diverse workforce and strive for inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
*Benefits and perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Heart Machine and state or country in which you work.
This job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice or in writing.
In the United States, the standard base pay range for this role we have estimated is $60,000.00 - $110,000.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.