Family Practice / Internal Medicine Physicians
- Hyattsville, MD
Heritage Care Inc. is a non-profit healthcare organization located in Hyattsville, an increasingly urban section of Prince George's County, Maryland, just over the border from Washington, DC. Since our establishment in 1996, Heritage Care provides skilled nursing care and rehabilitation services through the placement of qualified healthcare professionals.
The management team and staff have developed an excellent reputation in the community due to our comprehensive scope of services and superior care. Together, we provide respectful and caring assistance in a clean, warm, and friendly environment.
Heritage Care Inc. is also the site of curriculum-based clinical training for healthcare occupations, such as Nursing and Physical and Occupational Therapy, under agreements with institutions of higher education.
Family Practice / Internal Medicine Physician
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment to the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides medical evaluation, treatment and consultation services to patients of the clinic.
- Responds to emergencies and answers medical questions.
- Obtains and documents, or causes to be obtained and documented; appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family and social history, review of systems, examination, medications and allergies, assessment and plan for each patient.
- Provides medical orders for prescription refills, administration of medications, ancillary testing, and/or referrals.
- Reviews ancillary test results and coordinates notification to the patient.
- Provides patient education as needed.
- Supervises patient care by non-clinic agencies such as home health care, nursing home, or hospice.
- Refers patients/residents to appropriate licensed physicians such as medical/surgical specialists and other health care providers such as rehabilitation therapist, hospice services, home health services, psychotherapists, ect.
- Available to patients personally or through clinical staff to answer questions and relay information regarding their care.
- Completion of appropriate paperwork to comply with insurance and reimbursement guidelines.
10. Completion of all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner.
11. Participates in on-call schedule.
- Works closely with the Director of Medical Services to provide leadership and medical direction for the clinic.
- Attends all staff, clinical, board or other special meetings as requested.
- Performs other appropriate duties as requested by supervisors.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Communicates with the clinic’s partners and patients.
- Responsible for approving and maintaining treatment protocols utilized by midlevel staff.
- Medical Doctor shall review an adequate sample of mid-level medical records with particular emphasis on the appropriateness, efficiency, and quality of care provided. When the review of said medical records shows that corrective steps are necessary, Medical Doctor shall take appropriate corrective steps, in collaboration with the appropriate administrative, supervisory or clinical personnel.
- Participates in public relations and community outreach activities, as clinic shall from time to time reasonably request.
- Provides assistance with COMAR, emergency preparedness, infection control and regulatory compliance.
Graduate from an accredited school of medicine
Medical office environment. Multi-task oriented position including direct patient care. Must interact with providers, patients and other office personnel. Must possess socio-economic and cultural sensitivity. Will involve potential exposure to blood and body fluids and other hazardous substances. Must have visual acuity and manual dexterity to assist with procedures, perform and interpret lab results, and interface with computer.
The Family Practice – Internal Medicine Physician is expected to work full time plus on-call schedule. Successful background check and UA required prior to employment.
We will offer sponsorship (H1B VISA), competitive salary and benefits, relocation bonus, and six weeks housing to the right candidate.
- Graduate from an accredited school of medicine
- Must be Board Certified
We will offer sponsorship (H1B VISA), competitive salary and benefits, relocation bonus, and six weeks housing to the right candidate