Senior Product Marketing Manager
- 1919 North Lynn Street, Arlington, VA, United States
Higher Logic is an industry leader in cloud-based engagement platforms. Our data-driven approach gives organizations an expanded suite of engagement capabilities, including online communities and marketing automation. From the initial web visit to renewal and ongoing engagement, we help you track and manage interactions along each stage of the digital customer experience.
Organizations worldwide use Higher Logic to bring people all together, by giving their community a home where they can interact, share ideas, answer questions, and stay connected. Everything we do - the tools and features in our software, our services, partnerships, best practices - drives our ultimate goal of making your organization successful.
Are you an expert in SaaS-based buyer behavior who is passionate about developing innovative marketing assets that drive demand? As a Senior Product Marketing Manager for Higher Logic, you’ll do just that. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits, is crucial.
In this role, you will be responsible for the core positioning and messaging for our products, in addition to playing an integral role in organizing product launches. You will utilize your expertise to best understand our buyers (in both the association and corporate space) and be skilled in transferring that knowledge inter-departmentally, informing data-based strategies about how buying decisions are made.
You will energetically get to know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers and the sales team. This requires knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
- Market intelligence – be the expert on our buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria. Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make.
- Be the expert on our competition and how to position our product against them and where we can be successful.
- Collaborate with product management and the demand gen team to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Develop a marketing plan for the association and corporate markets in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities to support new business growth and the retention of existing customers.
- Develop plans for new product launches and releases of existing products - manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Understand and support our sales channels; work with Sales Training to help the team understand the problems we solve for our buyers and users.
- Develop internal tools and external collateral supporting the demand gen teams including the development pitch decks and white papers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs, collateral and campaigns, and recommend changes and updates.
- Work with our Partners to develop co-marketing relationships and channel sales.
- 5+ years of software Product Marketing experience or equivalent.
- Travel up to 25%.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing preferred.
- Technically savvy, ability to quickly learn Higher Logic’s suite of products, experience with SaaS-based company preferred.
- Ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into customer value and benefits.
- Pragmatic Marketing Certified and/or knowledge preferred.
- Superior written and oral communication skills for both internal and external audiences.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and flexible to changing priorities.
- Project management experience for various sized projects.
- Solid analytical capabilities and data driven.
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills to interact with fellow employees, cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Comfortable at tradeshows & customer events to develop new relationships.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.