- Calgary, Canada
Global Electric Electronic Processing (GEEP) is a provider of electronic recycling services. They are one of the most technologically advanced ewaste asset management companies in the world (www.geepglobal.com). With state-of-the-art recycling facilities using innovative equipment and a strict adherence to ISO standards, GEEP provides a complete solution for the management of used technology and end-of-life electric, electronic and telecommunications waste. They provide reverse logistics, refurbishing, remarketing, end of life recycling and commodity analysis and sale. They take used electronics and either rejuvenate them and put them back into the market or turn them into end of life commodities which are then used to build new electronics. GEEP has a zero landfill objective.
GEEP is a global company, headquartered in Barrie, Ontario. They currently have over 500 employees across 14 locations in Canada, United States, Costa Rica and Europe with affiliations in Asia and Mexico. With new ownership and financial resources, GEEP is building a new, dynamic corporate enterprise.
Their story is amazing! GEEP is on the leading edge of green technology innovation in a brand new industry. Their expansion plans and aggressive growth targets could make GEEP the number one ewaste asset management company in the world!
This is a unique opportunity to grow a business in a new industry from the ground floor. Reporting to the VP of Operations, you will be responsible to develop and grow the Calgary division. Your strong technical background in electronics or IT manufacturing or sales will enable you to quickly understand the business and to begin to drive results. Calgary is one of six divisions across Canada and is a relatively independent operating entity. While you will have full support from the head office, it will be up to you to develop and expand the customer base and to improve operational efficiencies. The Calgary division is ideally located in a strong and expanding market. Your job is to grow it!
The Calgary facility provides cost-effective, environmentally conscious asset disposal solutions for the recovery and recycling of commercial and consumer products. Redundant electrical and electronic equipment are refurbished and remarked. GEEP provides all electronics recycling and remarketing needs for computer and peripherals (desktop, laptops, keyboards, circuit boards), electronic and audio visual (TV, monitors, CD players) and telecom (cell phones, modems). Their data security solution ensures complete erasure and/or destruction of sensitive data on IT assets for a wide range of industries including banking, finance and government.
You will be working in a processing and warehousing environment with a focus on asset management. You will manage the ewaste supply and material flow, processing, refurbishing and reverse logistics (transportation and warehousing).
This is a closely regulated industry with various regulatory/statutory requirements, certifications and standards. There is a constant focus upon improved quality, environmental, health and safety and security policies and programs.
Compensation: Base Salary plus Performance Bonus
- Develop a strong customer base and drive sales growth
- Direct the overall operation of the facility ensuring attainment of all production goals within budget, time and quality standards
- Drive continuous improvement in facility
- Develop and lead a well-trained and motivated staff
- Ensure compliance Occupational Health & Safety legislation and regulations
- Participate as an active member of the senior management team
- University degree (engineering, business, IT preferred)
- Strong technical background in Electronics or Information Technology
- Manufacturing experience with a preference for electric/electronics
- A proven track record of growing businesses and increasing sales
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Demonstrated experience in sales, operations and finance
- Proven ability in building and managing successful teams
- A solid financial understanding with experience for bottom line P&L
- Successful track record of achieving budgeted results while improving operations
- A desire to be part of a growing organization in a new industry
To sum up, we are looking for an entrepreneurial-minded General Manager with a passion for sales and a desire to build their own 'company'. This is a great opportunity in a growth industry, in a new facility and in a great market. If you function best by being responsible for your own destiny, if you are confident in your ability to develop and grow a solid customer base and if you want to be part of an innovative industry leader that is helping to green our planet, this job is for you!