National Technical Sales Representative
- Barrie, Canada
Canplas Industries (www.canplas.com) has been a leader in the development of innovative products for the construction industry for almost 50 years. They specialize in manufacturing injection molded and thermoplastic plumbing, ventilation and vacuum products for residential and commercial use. Innovation is at the core of what they do. Canplas holds over fifty patents and design registrations for products. Quality products, innovative design and efficient forecasting combined with a North American wide distribution network allow them to maintain service levels well above the industry standard. They are recognized as leaders in their industry, the best of the best, as evidenced by winning the coveted Supplier of the Year award numerous times. Despite their growth and international recognition, Canplas has maintained a close knit family culture that encourages employees to be creative and to take chances. You will not be micromanaged at Canplas!
In this newly created, you will be the key promoter for new groups of product offerings within the Canplas Plumbing and Ventilation division. You will build relationships with specifiers - architects, consulting engineers, builders and municipal inspectors of both commercial and residential construction projects. Your goal is to have these Canplas products written into building specifications for future builds. To do this, you will work closely with the specifiers to educate and promote all technical aspects of Canplas products. You will provide technical training and awareness through meetings, presentations, one-on-ones, lunch & learns, association meeting, forums, committees and trade shows. You will work closely with Sales, Marketing and Engineering staff to help get Canplas products specified. Working out of the head office in Barrie, you will be at the front line of three major product launches within the next year. Initially, a large portion of your time will be focused on the Eastern Ontario and Quebec markets. You will travel extensively (75%) and will be responsible to organize and plan your schedule and to work independently.
- Accountable for developing and solidifying relationships with municipal inspectors, architects, consulting engineers and builders of both commercial and residential projects.
- Generate specifications for products by working with local engineering consultants.
- Promote all technical aspects of Canplas products.
- Provide technical training to industry leaders on Canplas products and services.
- Attend and participate in industry associations and trade shows to promote and support product offerings.
- Travel throughout North America
Location: Barrie, Ontario
Compensation: Salary + Profit Sharing + Car Allowance + Full Benefits
- Degree or Diploma preferably in the field of Civil Engineering.
- Bilingual - English / French spoken and written
- 5 years selling experience, construction or building materials industry preferred
- Working knowledge of Canadian building codes.
- Knowledge of the construction industry and practices (drawings, take-offs, etc.)
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Self motivated and results driven
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and listening skills.
- Valid driver's license
How to Apply
To explore this opportunity, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information contact Mike McCarthy at 705-734-2698.