- Barrie, Canada
GEEP - Global Electric Electronic Processing, is a best-in-class provider of end of life management of
ewaste. GEEP (www.geepglobal.com) is one of the largest, most technologically advanced ewaste asset management companies in the world. With proprietary software and state-of-the-art recycling facilities using innovative equipment and a strict adherence to ISO standards, GEEP recycles electronic waste into commodities. GEEP provides a complete reverse supply chain solution for the management of used technology and end-of-life electric, electronic and telecommunications waste. They provide reverse logistics, refurbishing, remarketing, end of life recycling and commodity analysis and sale. They take used electronics and either rejuvenate them and put them back into the market or turn them into end of life commodities which are then used to build new electronics. GEEP has a zero landfill objective.
GEEP is a global company, headquartered in Barrie, with over 500 employees across 14 locations in Canada, United States, Costa Rica and Europe with affiliations in Asia and Mexico. With new ownership and financial resources, GEEP is building a new, dynamic corporate enterprise.
The Geep culture is about engaging their people and challenging the norm. It is a very entrepreneurial organization. Management style is such that objectives are clearly set and individuals are given latitude to accomplish them with minimal direct intervention.
Reporting to the VP of Finance, your primary purpose is to develop, from the ground up, and then monitor the metrics and reports to measure the operational aspects of the organization. Once these measures are in place, you will take the lead in process optimization between the various business units, resulting in greater throughput and profitability. In this highly visible and key role, you will be the primary finance contact with the operations groups.
The cost accounting position at Geep is basically a 'green field' opportunity in which you must blaze your own trail. There is little structure, measures or solid processes in the organization and cost accounting knowledge in operations is limited. You are expected to quickly become the subject matter expert. You will start from the basic organizational processes and then create structure that can be measured. Your goal is to develop robust business process documents, to develop and align metrics to operational requirements and to provide information documentation and training to increase profitability. As things progress on track, you will likely move into a management role with direct reports as both volume and reliance on information grows.
Location: Barrie, Ontario
- Create process maps of existing procedures and understand the business processes
- Develop and implement robust, real time automated processes, tools, reporting metrics and dashboards to obtain required information and data
- Create and monitor measures and metrics that result in better decision making
- Provide financial training and advise to the General Managers on how their businesses function
- Process map existing and new procedures and look for optimization benchmarking opportunities
- Map key success indicators against the business processes
- Train staff on business metrics and measures
- Conduct analysis on ways to improve the business and to identify opportunities, efficiencies and waste
- Interact with Financial and Operational personnel and the Global Management team at all locations
- Interact with outside vendors and auditors regarding the annual audit
- Accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA)
- University degree in Business preferred
- 3 years minimum in cost accounting role
- 7 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- ERP implementation experience preferred
- Work experience in an ABC (Activity Based Costing) environment.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Equally at ease communicating with the employees in the plant or the management team
- Able to quickly establish credibility and respect with operations staff
- Able to lead cross functional teams without direct reporting
- Able to create processes and measures that are workable rather than being too complex
- Sound analytical skills
- Able to prioritize and to meet tight deadlines under pressure
- Willing to take on any and all challenges
- Good team player with a desire to work in a fast-paced, do-what-it-takes production environment
To sum up, we are looking for an energetic Cost Accountant with a passion for process improvement and a desire to really make their mark. If you are an inventor of process rather than a maintainer, if you thrive in an atmosphere of constant change, if you enjoy creating structure and developing metrics to drive cost efficiencies, and want to be part of an innovative leader in a brand new industry that is helping to green the planet, this job is for you!
HOW TO APPLY
To explore this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information, please contact Mike McCarthy at 705-734-2698.