- Aurora, Canada
Whitehots Inc. (www.whitehots.com) is one of Canada’s largest public and school library book distribution suppliers. They have been serving and supporting public and school libraries for over 25 years. Whitehots has built an excellent reputation with over 200 Canadian public libraries for quality, selection, value and unsurpassed customer service. They serve large urban libraries such as Toronto, Mississauga, Vancouver and Halifax. For years, libraries have trusted Whitehots to satisfy all of their collection development needs. Whitehots offers a suite of services including print material cataloguing and processing, on-line selection and acquisition, and collection building and analysis. This will soon include e-book delivery.
Whitehots has almost tripled in size over the last ten years and is rapidly morphing into a technology business rather that a distribution business. In an industry that is experiencing rapid change with the advent of e-books, Whitehots is positioning themselves as the thought leaders for library services well into the 21st century. Whitehots truly cares for the well being of their employees and has maintained its family type culture.
Reporting to the President, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the office administration support staff (AP, AR, CSR, EDI, Purchasing, Receiving, IT). Working with the current highly competent team, you will ensure the smooth flow of office administrative tasks for this book distribution supplier. Your focus is to empower staff with a collaborative approach and to maximize administrative workflow efficiencies and customer service levels.
Compensation: Base Salary + Performance Bonus
- Manage day-to-day office administration
- Co-ordinate workflow with existing staff
- Improve workflow efficiencies, staff performance and motivation
- Optimize processes within fully integrated book distribution ERP system
- Manage, coach, develop, empower and evaluate team members
- Ensure customer service needs are met
- Support short and long term strategic plans
- Liaise with Executive team, Warehouse Manager and Catalogue & Processing Manager
- Post secondary Degree/Diploma
- 5 years of progressive office administrative and office management experience including direct supervision of staff
- Knowledge and understanding of general office administration processes and procedures
- Experienced in human resources functions (hiring, training, development, performance reviews, support)
- Understanding of systems and technology (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Familiar with ERP type systems
- Ability to manage a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationships skills
- Proven consensus-building and conflict resolution skills
- Able to manage and improve workflow efficiencies
- Dependable, responsible and willing to take on needed duties to fulfill the goals of the team
- Experience working in a family owned organization an asset
To sum up, we are looking for a collaborative Office Manager with a passion for keeping things running smoothly. If you thrive in an environment where the bar is always being raised, if you embrace new ways of doing things and enjoy working in a tight-knit team, then this job is for you!