What Drives You:
You are an innovative, dynamic individual looking for an environment with the agility of a startup and the resources of a well-funded company. You want to personally make a difference building products that not only delight customers but also achieve market success. You want to join an all-star team being formed right now, and help build our technology stack. You are a hacker at heart, but have the professional maturity to know what it takes to develop well-architected high-quality products using best practices of software engineering. You have the leadership skills to take technical ownership of major parts of the system while mentoring junior developers and shaping team culture and processes.
The Enterprise Services Platform & Infrastructure team is looking for world class server software engineers to join our technology innovation group focused on the rapid development of cloud based end-to-end mobile enterprise applications and services. This is a new, exciting area for Samsung: cloud based services platforms and infrastructure to support enterprise mobility.
This position is based in Burnaby, B.C.
- Work with Operations and Engineering teams to make changes to improve service availability, performance and scalability in the application, systems or database layers.
- Establish capacity planning framework
- Monitor and trend key metrics to identify potential performance problems.
- Establish baselines for various workloads.
- Determine maximum capacity for production environment.
- Identify performance bottlenecks and implement solutions to eliminate them.
- Code and test software changes to improve performance.
- Determine hardware/software configurations for optimal performance.
- Build tools and infrastructure to support performance work.
- Develop, automate, and execute performance suites and analyze results to evaluate product performance.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and fix application database, and/or systems performance problems
- Work closely with management, product owners, and other developers to understand product requirements and design appropriate performance test plans to verify feature performance and scalability requirements.
- Design, implement, and execute overhead, scalability, stability, and stress tests using industry standard tools and custom developed software
- Use custom and off-the-shelf tools like JProfiler to identify performance bottlenecks in the Java application.
- Participate in system optimization in terms of hardware resource utilization (memory, CPU, I/O, Network).
- Provide accurate scoping, clear strategies, and milestones for performance testing.
- Communicate status, risks to test complete dates, and offer mitigation strategies to ensure on-time delivery of comitted projects to cross-functional teams.
- Review test plans, results analysis, capacity planning, automation implementations and sound design principles.