SAMSUNG IS THE FUTURE…JOIN US!
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
In this newly created research and development group, this role is to provide financial reporting, cost accounting, business analysis and account as the key financial contact liaising between the R&D executives, Samsung headquarters and local Samsung finance team.
The role will report to the local finance team with very strong alignment with the R&D executives. The role will include tracking and reporting of costs in a manner which will ensure all research and development activities meet Canadian tax credit rules and also allow local executives the ability to make informed business decisions. Interaction with HQ staff will also be an important role in ensuring all mandates are well communicated and adhered to. Candidates MUST be bilingual (Korean and English).
- Track all research and development spending (by project as required)
- Ensure all reporting meets tax requirements to qualify for research and development credits
- Prepare for and manage all audits as required for any internal and external audits
- Participate in annual budget and monthly forecast process
- Identify process and spending patterns and provide recommendation for improvement
- Perform variance analysis on a monthly basis and identify root cause for the variance
- Assist in month end accrual management and monthly closure to ensure financial accuracy
- Assist in compiling weekly highlight and management reports
- Lead project/program changes and implementation and assist in ad hoc requests
- Conduct Business Reviews with R&D executives
- Act a key liaison between Korean HQ and local R&D team
- Manage external vendors as required