- San Jose, CA
Hoopla is the new way to win for high-velocity sales teams. Hoopla’s Sales Motivation Platform combines modern game mechanics, data analytics and broadcast-quality video in a powerfully simple sales gamification application that makes it easy for managers to motivate sales team performance and score more wins.
Using Hoopla, managers can quickly create contests, competitions and leaderboards around any CRM metric, and broadcast live performance updates to TV, web and mobile screens throughout the company. Hoopla’s dynamic, live video broadcasts engage the entire company in an exciting, play-to-win culture that delivers measurable gains in team productivity and performance.
Founded in 2010, Hoopla is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has more than 300 customers worldwide.
As a Backend Engineer at Hoopla, you will play a key role in the development of our sales motivation platform. You will work in a fast-paced, low-ceremony, agile environment to build a highly scalable and reliable cloud application.
- At least 4 years of experience developing Ruby/Rails-based applications
- Expert knowledge of Ruby 1.9+, Enumerator classes and Ruby idioms
- Expert knowledge of Rails 4.1+ and ActiveRecord
- Strong knowledge of PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience applying Internet application backend scaling techniques
- Working knowledge of Redis, MongoDB, or other NoSQL storage and when to use
- Working knowledge of RabbitMQ or other message queue technologies
- Experience using Git
- Experience developing against REST APIs
- Experience managing assignments effectively, multi-tasking, and working within tight deadlines
- BS in Computer Science or related field
Benefits Package Includes:
- Health care
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Dependent care accounts
- Vacation time
Please respond with a resume and a brief description of why you think this position is right for you.
Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor any visas, so all candidates need to be US citizens or Green Card holders.