Customer Training Coordinator
- Schenectady, NY
Horizon Bradco is an international presence in the sale and service of equipment within the food service and bakery industry with a 25-year history. Our company headquarters is located in Schenectady, New York, with offices also in Wilmington, Massachusetts. Our continued growth continues to drive the need for skilled staff members, and we are expanding our service team in your area. The company offers a full range of benefits including paid vacation, sick and personal time, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, along with health, dental, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability benefits. For a better understanding of our company, please visit our website at www.horizonbradco.com.
Do you possess excellent communication and coaching skills with the drive to achieve success through in-depth product knowledge? Due to our continued growth, we are seeking a qualified Customer Training Coordinator who will provide customer support, and develop training materials, as well as visual aids, on all equipment serviced by Horizon Bradco.
The Customer Training Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring customer expectations are exceeded post-sale. This is primarily comprised of customer training on new equipment, installation qualification and then life-cycle product support of the equipment in the field. The development and updating of all related documentation (training materials, job aids and user manuals) is an integral part of this role.
The Customer Training Coordinator’s three main objectives are:
1. Customer Support
2. Product Training and Installation Qualification
3. Developing Product Documentation and Training Materials.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- First line of response to customer inquiries (phone and email) on products. This can be operational or technical to ensure the products are meeting customer expectations in the field.
- Assist customers with ensuring their products are operating as required or diagnosing issues to correct problems.
- Document all customer interactions and RMAs in the database.
- Coordinate with manufacturing RMA returns and repairs.
- Manage extended warranty contracts.
- Track cost of warranty repairs and revenue generated from paid tech support.
Product Training and Installation Qualification
- Develop and update training materials on all Horizon-Bradco products.
- Offer training courses regularly to customers at their facilities or at Horizon-Bradco offices
- Tailor the course to suit customer needs.
- Provide Installation Qualification of Horizon-Bradco equipment for use in the customer’s facilities ensuring that the equipment is properly installed, set-up and calibrated in accordance with Horizon-Bradco standards.
- Offer routine maintenance and calibration services as requested.
- Develop on-line / self-taught or video tutorials to support the above training programs.
- Write and update technical product manuals to industry best practices keeping them current with
- New product capabilities, customer feedback from courses and effectiveness of information.
- Develop training course material for the above.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 8 years in a similar industry and position.
- 10+ years’ experience in support / product training and customer interaction.
- Familiarity with using CRM for customer correspondence is required.
- Experience creating and working with detailed document templates in Microsoft Word.
- Flexibility to travel nationally will be required.
- Strong electromechanical knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all staff members, customers and the industry.
- Forward-thinking and pro-active in order to find solutions to problems.
- Self-motivated with dedicated client services focus and strong desire to succeed.
- Positive attitude and a reliable team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Understanding of good documentation practices.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is included.
How to Apply:
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please e-mail your resume′, your salary requirements and a cover letter describing you and your relevant experience. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
No Phone Calls or Third-Party Recruiters, Please.