- Toronto, Canada
Location: Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto
Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants (O&B), one of Canada’s leading fine dining restaurant and event management companies, and INK Entertainment, one of Canada’s leading entertainment and lifestyle companies, have joined forces to manage the food services and entertainment operations for the Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto under the name, Hotel Hospitality Management Ltd. (HHML).
Event Servers assist in the preparation and set up of the venue as well as execute the event. Event Servers deliver food & beverage to guests and help maintain the cleanliness of the space by clearing plates, cutlery and glassware throughout the event. They monitor food and quality presentation and possess a strong knowledge of event menu items to answer questions and make recommendations when required.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the preparation, setup and maintenance of event spaces
- Possess a strong knowledge of event menu items
- Respond promptly to guest requests in a timely, professional and efficient manner
- Deliver food & beverage to the appropriate tables as directed by the Management team
- Monitor food quality and presentation standards
- Adhere to all O&B health and safety standards
- Maintain cleanliness and a good condition of the work areas and equipment.
- Service of all aspects of the Event operation with accordance with all departmental and hotel standard operating procedures and guest service standards
- Be knowledgeable of all food and beverage items in order to make recommendations
- Answer questions about food, beverages, wine and other event space functions and services
- Utilize seat-specific ordering so to not auction food when it is delivered to the table
- Be aware of any special requests, inclusive of guest allergies
- Minimum of two (2) years experience working in a serving role
- One year of experience serving in a hotel/events environment
- Smart Serve Certification a requirement
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of various food service styles (i.e., French service, Butler style service, Sweep and Synchronized Service).
- Ability to maintain a level of professional urgency and momentum
- Available to work evenings, nights and weekends
- Previous luxury experience is considered an asset
Ability to work flexible hours including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays, including overtime as required.
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in Canada. We are unable to assist in obtaining work authorization.