- Santa Monica, CA
Overlooking the Pacific since 1939, the Hotel Shangrila is a striking beacon of Art Deco elegance, a chronicle of Old-Hollywood glamour & a quintessential nexus of culture. Hidden away on a high Santa Monica bluff, overlooking the ocean & historic Santa Monica Pier, this timeless boutique hotel promises a personal Shangrila. Hotel Shangrila provides brilliant views of the Pacific Ocean, a celebrated history and a cultural connection..
- Inspect guest rooms and public areas after being cleaned by attendants to ensure quality standards.
- Clean and service guest rooms as needed.
- Verify room status, determine discrepant rooms, prioritize room cleaning, and update status of departing guest rooms.
- Assist Housekeeping management in managing daily activities
- Communicate throughout the day with Front Office and other departments to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Document and resolve issues with discrepant rooms with the Front Desk.
- Prepare, distribute, and communicate changes in assignment sheets/work boards.
- Complete required paperwork.
- Assist management in, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Minimum two years supervisory experience in a luxury hotel environment
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Knowledge of ADP timekeeping system
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and inspection tasks.
- Must be team oriented
- Highly detailed oriented
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to work flexible hours: available days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Local Candidates Only
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.