- Santa Monica, CA
Overlooking the Pacific since 1939, the Hotel Shangrila is a striking beacon of Art Deco elegance, a chronicle of Old-Hollywood glamour & a quintessential nexus of culture. Hidden away on a high Santa Monica bluff, overlooking the ocean & historic Santa Monica Pier, this timeless boutique hotel promises a personal Shangrila. Hotel Shangrila provides brilliant views of the Pacific Ocean, a celebrated history and a cultural connection..
We are seeking an outgoing, motivated individual with expert knowledge of the Santa Monica and Los Angeles’s cultural, dining, and entertainment scenes to join our team. The candidate will provide exceptional customer service to a in a luxury setting to guests with varied interests and needs.
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities and it’s amenities
- Acts as an informational resource for the hotel, providing insight and answers to phone call or email requests.
- Assist with any plans, mail, messages, or arrangements they require or the guest intends to make during their stay
- Has a strong knowledge of the Santa Monica and Los Angeles area and can easily give directions to, events, attractions, restaurants, tours and transportation in the area.
- Arranges concert tickets, restaurant reservations, car service and other requests as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of one year experience at a luxury property.
- Minimum one year concierge experience required
- Must be able to multi task
- Must be a fast thinker, creative problem solver and works well under pressure.
- Must be a self starter and can work well with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong interpersonal and excellent customer service skills
- Displays a professional polished demeanor and appearance.
- Possesses strong organizational skills
- Must be computer literate
- Must be able to communicates effectively through a variety of methods, including verbal and written.
- Takes initiative, and anticipates needs of others.
- Member of Les Clefs d'Or Association a plus.
- Previous working knowledge of concierge services.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include holidays, evenings and weekends.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines..