Front Desk Supervisor
- Santa Monica, CA
Overlooking the Pacific since 1939, the Hotel Shangrila is a striking beacon of Art Deco elegance, a chronicle of Old-Hollywood glamour & a quintessential nexus of culture. Hidden away on a high Santa Monica bluff, overlooking the ocean & historic Santa Monica Pier, this timeless boutique hotel promises a personal Shangrila. Hotel Shangrila provides brilliant views of the Pacific Ocean, a celebrated history and a cultural connection..
Supervise and assist Guest Service Agents with processing guest check-ins. Follow up with reservations via the telephone & email, mailed correspondence, rooming lists, handle VIPs, and in-house requests. Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit. Process all check-outs including resolving any late and disputed charges. Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns. Assist and provide satisfactory solutions with guest-related issues. Assist management in training, motivating, and coaching employees. Serve as a role model and ensure department and company policies are observed.
- Must have one year supervisory experience in a luxury hotel environment.
- Must be able to effectively lead small teams of associates
- An energetic personality.
- Must be willing to work a variety of day/night and weekend shifts.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in team environment.
- Must have excellent interpersonal people and coaching skills.
- Must meet grooming standards.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong computer experience required.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines..