Front Desk Supervisor
- Santa Monica, CA
Overlooking the Pacific since 1939, the Hotel Shangrila is a striking beacon of Art Deco elegance, a chronicle of Old-Hollywood glamour & a quintessential nexus of culture. Hidden away on a high Santa Monica bluff, overlooking the ocean & historic Santa Monica Pier, this timeless boutique hotel promises a personal Shangrila. Hotel Shangrila provides brilliant views of the Pacific Ocean, a celebrated history and a cultural connection..
- Organizes, directs, and monitors daily activities of front desk agents.
- Must be able to complete all of the duties and responsibilities of the Front Desk Associate.
- Ensures efficient, friendly, and professional guest registration, check-out, and telephone service; supervise front guest service agents to ensure that established procedures are followed.
- Establishes procedures, prepares and coordinates schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Assists with hiring, training, motivating, and rewarding front desk agents.
- Reviews current day’s expected arrivals and checks all VIP and special request reservations to ensure that they are pre-registered, blocked properly, and other departments are notified of room assignments.
- Reviews the daily room availability and informs all appropriate staff.
- Reviews status of departures on a daily basis; relays all pertinent information to front desk agents and other appropriate staff.
- Ensures all necessary reports and forms are completed daily.
- Performs front desk agent responsibilities as needed to process guests expediently including but not limited to checking guest into hotel, responding to guest questions, resolving guest problems/complaints, answering telephone, making guest reservations, and checking guests out of hotel.
- Ensures that guests’ needs are fulfilled and their stay is as pleasurable as possible; assists with dining, entertainment, or transportation reservations as needed.
- Assists front desk agents with resolution of guest problems/complaints as needed.
- Monitors and maintains front desk area.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of hotel services, facilities, policies, and room rates and area’s attractions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager
- Must have one year supervisory experience in a luxury hotel environment.
- Solid knowledge of PMS Opera, Epitome, Delphi
- Must be able to effectively lead small teams of associates
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft office
- Basic accounting skills
- An energetic personality.
- Must be willing to work a variety of day/night and weekend shifts.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in team environment.
- Must have excellent interpersonal people and coaching skills.
- Must meet grooming standards.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Candidates wishing to be considered for the position my apply via: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=shangrila1&jobId=23945&lang=en_US
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines..