Restaurant Host/ Hostess
- Santa Monica, CA
Overlooking the Pacific since 1939, the Hotel Shangrila is a striking beacon of Art Deco elegance, a chronicle of Old-Hollywood glamour & a quintessential nexus of culture. Hidden away on a high Santa Monica bluff, overlooking the ocean & historic Santa Monica Pier, this timeless boutique hotel promises a personal Shangrila. Hotel Shangrila provides brilliant views of the Pacific Ocean, a celebrated history and a cultural connection..
Responsible for greeting and escorting guests to tables in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Maintains consistent attention restaurant entrance, welcomes all guests with a smile and appropriate greeting following hotel customer service standards
- Seats guests and presents the menu and any specials according to hotel standards
- Takes guest reservations or seating times while providing quality service to guests at all times
- Set tables with appropriate silverware, and completes all side work for workstation
Walk in interviews for:
Date: • Tuesday July 1, 2014 3:30pm- 5pm
Wednesday July 2, 2014 11am - 12:30pm
1301 Ocean Ave Santa Monica, CA
Applicants without a completed application will not be interviewed, please download and fill out your application at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=shangrila1&jobId=15111&lang=en_US
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes nights and weekends
- Must have excellent English verbal and written communication skill required
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must be able to multitask and think quickly in a fast paced environment.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have one year experience in luxury hotel environment.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.