- Santa Monica, CA
Overlooking the Pacific since 1939, the Hotel Shangrila is a striking beacon of Art Deco elegance, a chronicle of Old-Hollywood glamour & a quintessential nexus of culture. Hidden away on a high Santa Monica bluff, overlooking the ocean & historic Santa Monica Pier, this timeless boutique hotel promises a personal Shangrila. Hotel Shangrila provides brilliant views of the Pacific Ocean, a celebrated history and a cultural connection..
Process all incoming reservations, assist with guest check-ins by taking and confirming reservations, assigning rooms, and issuing and activating room key. Follow up with reservations via the telephone & email, mailed correspondence, rooming lists, handle VIPs, and in-house requests. Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit. Process all check-outs including resolving any late and disputed charges. Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns. Supply guests with directions and information regarding property and local areas of interest.
- An energetic personality and exceptional telephone sales skills.
- Must have ability to work flexible schedule including weekend and holidays
- Strong mathematical skills and ability to make accurate mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work alone when required.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal people/customer service skills.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong computer experience required.
- Minimum one year of experience in luxury hotel environment.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines..