- Santa Monica, CA
Overlooking the Pacific since 1939, the Hotel Shangrila is a striking beacon of Art Deco elegance, a chronicle of Old-Hollywood glamour & a quintessential nexus of culture. Hidden away on a high Santa Monica bluff, overlooking the ocean & historic Santa Monica Pier, this timeless boutique hotel promises a personal Shangrila. Hotel Shangrila provides brilliant views of the Pacific Ocean, a celebrated history and a cultural connection..
Maintenance Engineers repair and maintain the property and its equipment. Repairs include building and room renovation, furniture refurbishment, plumbing, painting, drywall, electrical, carpentry and custodial work as necessary.
- Completes assigned work orders for general repair within assigned time frame in order to achieve efficiency of the hotel, its safety and its equipment.
- Inspect guestrooms, public space and back of the house for areas to repair, touch up or replace.
- Performs systematic checks and inspections to upkeep the hotel and assists in the established proactive maintenance program in order to prevent malfunctions, breakdowns and general depreciation.
- Immediately and courteously responds to guests needs in order to repair or resolve room maintenance requests and problems as they arise.
- Maintains tools, work spaces and equipment in safe, secure and good condition.
- Adjusts and repairs electronic problems on hotel equipment.
- Assists department in maintaining safety equipment and emergency procedures for
the safety of all guests and associates.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous manner at all times.
- All other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Two years in a hotel building maintenance role
- Plumbing or Electrical Certified preferred but not required.
- Requires knowledge of the following trades: landscaping (where applicable), small appliance repair, HVAC, electrical, plumbing and carpentry; certificate of completion of courses in these trades preferred
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 65 lbs
- Requires the ability to be exposed to various climates from extreme heat to extreme cold
- Requires the ability to operate equipment that requires continual and repetitive hand and arm motions
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively and courteously with employees, guests and contractors in writing, via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to work day shift, night shift, weekends and holidays
Qualified candidates can apply via: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=shangrila1&jobId=16611&lang=en_US
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines...