- Santa Monica, CA
Overlooking the Pacific since 1939, the Hotel Shangrila is a striking beacon of Art Deco elegance, a chronicle of Old-Hollywood glamour & a quintessential nexus of culture. Hidden away on a high Santa Monica bluff, overlooking the ocean & historic Santa Monica Pier, this timeless boutique hotel promises a personal Shangrila. Hotel Shangrila provides brilliant views of the Pacific Ocean, a celebrated history and a cultural connection..
Seeking an experinced Line Cook with previous experience in a luxury hotel setting. Responsibilities include assisting planning, prepping and setting up in all areas of food production in accordance with hotel standards .
- Must be knowledgeable with all kitchen stations and to fill in where needed.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
- Ensure food storage areas are clean
- Ability to work under demanding and strenuous situations
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes
- Serve food in proper portions onto dishes, ensuring proper plate appearance.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, high-volume, fast-paced, guest-centric environment
- Must be flexible to work any shift including weekends and holidays.
- Must have basic English skills
- Minimum one year of cooking/kitchen experience in an luxury restaurant or hotel
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- California Food Handlers Certification required
Candidates can apply via: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=shangrila1&jobId=15114&lang=en_US
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines..