Accounting Clerk P/T
- Santa Monica, CA
Overlooking the Pacific since 1939, the Hotel Shangrila is a striking beacon of Art Deco elegance, a chronicle of the Golden Age of Hollywood glamour, a quintessential nexus of culture. Hidden away on a high Santa Monica bluff, overlooking the ocean and historic Santa Monica Pier, this timeless boutique hotel promises a personal Shangrila. Hotel Shangrila provides brilliant views of the Pacific Ocean, a celebrated history and a cultural connection..
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for performing a variety of routine clerical
accounting functions in one or more of the following areas: general accounting,
accounts receivable, accounts payable or payroll. These functions include
compiling and sorting documents, calculating and verifying amounts, posting
transactions to accounts and performing all other responsibilities as directed
by the business or as assigned by Management..
- Reconcile daily revenue and income journals.
- Maintain Daily house charge transactions reconciliations
- Review and resolve credit and disputes and charge backs
- Assist Controller with month-end closing.
- Research all guest inquires ad credit card inquires.
- Ensure all vendors' accounts are reconciled and discrepancies resolved.
- Assist Controller with issues arising from audits.
- Process daily revenue reports.
- Assist in monthly inventory processes and review.
- Cross-train with each accounting department to gain full understanding of each of their functions, to proved backup as necessary.
- Perform all other duties as required such as A/P, A/R as needed
- Requires a minimum of 1 year of Hotel/ Restaurant clerical accounting experience *
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents,
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office and
- Requires ability to use excel, words, outlook, ten-keys.
- Micros, Accpac experience plus.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines..