- Santa Monica, CA
Overlooking the Pacific since 1939, the Hotel Shangrila is a striking beacon of Art Deco elegance, a chronicle of Old-Hollywood glamour & a quintessential nexus of culture. Hidden away on a high Santa Monica bluff, overlooking the ocean & historic Santa Monica Pier, this timeless boutique hotel promises a personal Shangrila. Hotel Shangrila provides brilliant views of the Pacific Ocean, a celebrated history and a cultural connection..
The Reservations Agents assists in selling and marketing of the Hotel Shangri-La , by providing inquiring guest with highest level of service, answering all inquiries and being knowledge on hotel inventory, pricing and amenities, resulting in maximizing room revenue.
Duties included by not limited to:.
- Answer all reservations related incoming calls within 3 rings with appropriate greeting.
- Process internal reservations requests, call backs, e-mails and faxes.
- Ensure proper booking information is entered for each reservation.
- Check arrivals for any duplicate reservations.
- Collect and process deposits and final payments for confirmed bookings
- Blocking reservations for suites to accommodate special requests.
- Coordinating group room blocks with Sales Manager.
- Input and update all reservations received.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Posting advance deposits to correct accounts.
- Assist sales and marketing department with administrative tasks and duties as needed
- An energetic personality and exceptional telephone sales skills.
- Minimum one year of experience in reservations for a luxury hotel.
- Must have ability to work flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Strong mathematical skills and ability to make accurate mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Knowledge of PMS such as Epitome, Delphi or Opera
- Strong computer experience required.with advanced of knowledge of Microsoft Window applications
- Must be a self-starter and able to work alone when required.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal people/customer service skills.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines..