- 1301 OCEAN AVE, Santa Monica, CA
Overlooking the Pacific since 1939, the Hotel Shangrila is a striking beacon of Art Deco elegance, a chronicle of Old-Hollywood glamour & a quintessential nexus of culture. Hidden away on a high Santa Monica bluff, overlooking the ocean & historic Santa Monica Pier, this timeless boutique hotel promises a personal Shangrila. Hotel Shangrila provides brilliant views of the Pacific Ocean, a celebrated history and a cultural connection..
The Maintenance Manager is responsible all maintenance operations, ensuring that the physical condition of the property is maintained according to company operating and safety and optimum guest standards. The incumbent will manage all engineering operations for the facilities property including electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, heating/cooling, structural, and grounds care. The Engineering Manager would be accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. They would be responsible for maintaining all regulatory requirements.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Prepare budget estimates
- Document and report all maintenance activities.
- Develops, implements, and updates maintenance policies and procedures. CMMS
- Collects, prioritizes, and assigns for fulfills maintenance service requests in a timely, efficient manner.
- Prepare contract documents reflecting scope of work.
- Manage the bidding process.
- Monitor the construction process to assure compliance with contract documents.
- Coordinate all work with user and Internal Support Groups.
- Maintain complete project files recording progress, approvals, financial data and contracts
- Perform final inspections, punch list exceptions, and expedite corrective action.
- Responsible for the total operation and maintenance of the Physical Plant. Supervises the maintenance of buildings to the high standards of construction.
- Develops the Capital Budget and annual maintenance budgets.
- Oversees construction, remodeling and maintenance to all buildings
- Oversees and manages maintenance contracts, electrical systems, phone systems, fire panels, emergency response systems and disaster preparedness.
- Develops vendor relationships and negotiate contracts for maintenance services when appropriate makes recommendations to Managing Director.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the hotel's policies and applicable laws: Interviewing, hiring, and training employees.
- Planning, assigning, and directing work.
- They will lead the emergency response team for all facility issues.
- Appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Assisting in the oversight of capital and operational budget.
- Development of policies and procedures which successfully provide efficient and effective services.
- Provide sound employee relations practices in accordance with company guidelines.
- Research and implement improvements in building products and/or systems which will serve to better utilize human and financial resources.
- Act as liaison between Operations Department and other departments, including local and state agencies
- Remain current on all government laws, rules and regulations pertaining to the position, and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Coordinate all safety policies within the department.
- Prepare written reports as required.
Method of evaluation
- Overall cost of maintenance
- Availability/quality of equipment/rooms
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training with an concentration on HVAC design or refrigeration and maintenance
- California trade license
- Minimum of 3 years of directly related experience in the operation, installation and maintenance of hotel building systems with in depth technical understanding and knowledge of all HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire/life safety, and control systems.
- In-depth working knowledge of all aspects of building systems and operations, contractual maintenance, construction and related services, and local laws and building codes pertaining to building operations and safety.
- Good communication and organizational skills, ability to analyze and solve problems, capable of functioning well under stress and during emergencies, strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead employees, experience with HR processes as they relate to direct reports (e.g., performance management, development, coaching, feedback, etc.)
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.